The mobile round of the qualification time trials for the McLaren Shadow Project is now open.
Using EA’s Real Racing 3, entrants can take part in one of three time trials in August, September, and October this year.
One winner from each time trial will be invited to the McLaren HQ semi-finals on December 1 2018 where players will battle it out using the new McLaren 600LT as seen below.
The ‘McLaren Shadow Project’ is a virtual racing programme that shadows McLaren’s real-world equivalent. The champion will win a place on the new McLaren esports team for 2019 giving the player a chance to race the best online teams in the world, access to the McLaren esports development programme, as well as numerous goodies.
Ben Payne, McLaren Director of esports, said:
McLaren Shadow Project is the most diverse and dynamic racing esports competition on the planet. We are looking for talented racers from all countries and backgrounds, across all major platforms, and we are delighted to have partnered with Real Racing 3 on mobile. For McLaren fans this is also a fantastic opportunity to virtually test drive the new McLaren 600LT before it hits the road, as it is available to play in the game.
Here’s how to enter the Real Racing 3 qualification time trials:
- To take part download Real Racing 3 on your Apple or Android device
- Once in-game, login to the game using Google Play, Game Center or Facebook
- Complete the Tutorial races
- Select the McLaren Shadow Project Time Trial Competition event within the main menu
- Accept Terms and Conditions
- Complete a lap to submit a time
- The time trials take place between 23rd – 31st August 2018, 15th – 23rd September 2018 and 13th – 21st October 2018
- One winner from each time trial will be invited to the McLaren Shadow Project semi-final which is currently planned for 1 December 2018.