In case you weren't already aware of the changes it introduces, the 3.0 update brings revamped rain effects, friends leaderboards, multiplayer spectating and more.
It's a frustrating situation for Xbox One owners having to wait two more weeks than PS4 and PC players, but the console versions require approvals from Microsoft and Sony which slows down the submission. On PC this isn't an issue, however.
Unfortunately, the 3.0 patch appears to already be causing additional issues on Xbox One. Over on the Project CARS forum, some uers are reporting game crashes and a loss of career progress. Let us know in if you're experiencing issues in the comments below.
Here's the Xbox One specific changelog for the Project CARS 3.0 update:
New & Enhanced Feature Summary
* New – Multiplayer Spectate Mode – players can now choose to ‘Retire to Pit Box’ during a race, and then spectate the ongoing race.
* New – added an Online Browse feature whereby the player can browse for specific lobbies.
* Enhanced HUD and Telemetry tyre info system – players can now see in real time which tyre compounds they are currently using, what each tyre’s pressure is, and how much each tyre is worn.
* DLC Career Contract support – the game now supports the addition of career contracts for new DLC vehicles so that players can use applicable cars in their core career series.
* New – Force Feedback – implemented the ability via menu sliders for the user to manually tweak the menu spring strength, stationary / low speed spring strength, and overall steering gain.
* Enhanced Weather system – all vehicles are updated with new window rain effects, featuring dynamic rivulets, much more realistic looking water drops, and wiper blade trail effects.
* New – Multiplayer Spectate Mode – players can now choose to ‘Retire to Pit Box’ during a race, and then spectate the ongoing race using the ‘Retire to pits’ and ‘Spectate’ options (note that this is currently only available on tracks that feature a pit lane).
* Implemented support for Leaderboards reset across all platforms.
* New – added an ‘Online Browse’ feature whereby the player can browse for specific lobbies.
* Fixed an issue where, when the player progressed from qualifying to the start of the race, the player’s car would sometimes begin moving without player, resulting in false jump-starts.
* Fixed the case where changing the time of day from daytime to night-time in a lobby failed to switch the skill level from NOVICE to AMATEUR.
* Force Time Trial weather to always be set to Light Cloud to match PC settings.
* Updated the in-game timings board to provide a visible distinction between the ghosts and the player’s entries: all ghosts now have status set to ‘Ghost’, and the Session best ghost has DRIVER text set to ‘Session Best’
Pitting, Tuning, Setups, Strategy
– Players are now provided with information regarding current and upcoming weather, remaining session duration, and current track temperatures.
– The Setup and Pit Strategy screens will now display an estimation of how many laps the player can expect to run with the current fuel load, and updates in real time as the player adjusts the fuel slider.
* Enhanced HUD and Telemetry tyre info system:
* Fixed an issue where damaged headlights would not get repaired if the player had damage level set to ‘Visual Damage Only’.
* Reworked the naming of several tyre compounds to make the names more indicative of their purpose, and to ensure that front and rear compound names match when set to the same compound.
* Accessing Pit Strategy in single player during non-race sessions no longer pauses the game.
* Fixed an issue that at times caused a setup from one car to be applied to a different car.
* Fixed an issue where, if you customized a setup that was automatically loaded from your saved setups, and then drive and return to pits, the customized setup would be lost and your setup will be reset to the previously saved setup.
Physics & AI
* Fixed an issue where, if a player has steering assist on and fuel use set to real, when low on fuel, the steering assist will pull them into the pits as they go past
* Improved AI behaviour during crash recovery to further minimize the chances of AI cars getting stuck.
* Various tweaks and improvements to how AI responds to tyre wear in regards to pitting strategies.
* Fixed an issue with the player vehicle rolling backwards after entering pre-race tuning.
Cut Track / Off Track System
* Added Career Contracts for core career sport DLC cars:
– LMP1: Audi R18 e-tron quattro
* Fixed an issue with pre-DLC save games not unlocking DLC career content.
* Tweaked the dirt surface sounds.
GUI, HUD, Telemetry
* Monitor/Spectate screen – the timings table now supports mouse clicks to change the driver that’s being observed. The screen now features the ability to view the selected driver’s info when playing online, by clicking on the new Gamercard button. Fixed several cases where the map would at times randomly freeze and/or be locked on the screen when telemetry overlay is displayed.
* Reworked the Replay/Spectate/Monitor interface to a more consistent design.
* Driver Network Profile – practice and qualifying sessions will no longer count towards races entered.
* Career post-race podium screen – fixed Lap times formatting to use the more logical MMSSTTT formatting (e.g. 01:20.457).
* Updated the Class logos used by Road cars to better differentiate the various road car classes.
* Fixed an issue where Cut Track warning messages appeared in the centre of the screen instead of to the side, out of the player’s line of sight.
* Replay Cameras – Azure Circuit – reworked the draw distance and positioning of a number of cameras to fix background issues and views being obstructed by trackside objects.
Controls & FFB
Menu Spring – the strength of the wheel centering spring in the front end and in-game pause menu.
Steering Gain – the gain (multiplier) applied to all steering effects (steering force, jolts, kerb rumble etc) after they have been mixed. For a clean more detailed experience set at 1.0 or below, for stronger feedback at the expense of clipping set higher (maximum value 5).
* Handbrake and boost controls assignments are now no longer mandatory.
* Fixed an issue where there was a sudden loss of FFB after a severe collision.
* Audi R18 e-tron quattro – added the missing gear readout to cockpit display. Fixed ‘quattro’ to lower case in the showroom (licensing).
* Bentley Continental GT3 – fixed slight asymmetry in rear suspension design which was causing some unintentional cross weight.
* BMW V12 LMR – fixed engine lifetime numbers to match other similar cars.
* Escort MK1 and DLC BMW 2002 Turbo – rebalanced the AI performance.
* Formula C – dropped the AI ability in the rain a bit more for this car, as the AI was still too fast in the rain.
* McLaren MP4 12C – adjusted the default setup to match the change to stiffer tyres.
* McLaren F1 GTR – added suspension animations to limit front wheel movement in order to stop them clipping through the bodywork on large compressions.
* Radical SR3 and SR8 – reduced the backlight on the gear LCD in the cockpit to make it easier to read at night.
* RWD P20 LMP2 – recalibrated oil and water temperature warning lights to turn on when the engine is starting to overheat.
* Various cars – recalibrated the tyre deformation effect. This fixes many cars which were seeing too little or reversed lateral tyre deformations.
* Various cars – updated to use the correct tread textures for various tyre compounds
* 4WD/hybrid vehicles – enabled visual backfires.
* Bathurst – fixed an issue where cars would collide against invisible objects in the pit lane, and fixed an issue with black shapes appearing in the rear view mirrors on some parts of the track.
* Dubai layouts – fixed a graphical anomaly on the track surface.
* Nordschliefe – fixed an issue where AI attempting to leave their pit spots was being blocked by cars in the pit spot directly in front of them.
* Sakitto GP – unblocked pit lane and added pit lane directional signage.
* Silverstone layouts – fixed a false cut track warning at the pit entrance.
* Spa Francorchamps – fixed an issue where a number of bollards marking track limits had stopped appearing.
* Various tracks – Imola, Oschersleben GP, Oschersleben C course – cut track detection adjustments.
* Fixed an issue that would award players with a race win when skipping session after a false start.
* Fixed an issue that caused vehicle windows to appear invisible in the player’s rear view mirrors.
Like what we do? Support TeamVVV on Patreon: www.patreon.com/teamvvv