With the month of September almost coming to a close (seriously, where does the time go?), we were beginning to wonder whether the Assetto Corsa console patch would be released by the end of the month as previously promised by Kunos Simulazioni.
Well, Kunos Simulazioni has delivered on their promise, as the 1.03 patch update is now available to download – for PS4 players, anyway. No word yet on when the Xbox One patch will be released, but Kunos has stated they will issue an update on the release date "soon."
As promised, the Assetto Corsa 1.03 update is a pretty substantial patch that addresses many of the issues highlighted by the community. Screen tearing has apparently been resolved, the frame rate is smoother, players can select their starting position and the AI difficulty has been tweaked.
Then there's the free content updates: the 1.03 update includes Assetto Corsa's first free car, the Maserati Levante S, as well as the Black Cat Country circuit, a fictional road track inspired by the roads of South America.
Overall, this is looking like a very promising step forward that rectifies some of Assetto Corsa's most glaring issues that shouldn't have plagued the game on release in the first place. No doubt we'll be putting Assetto Corsa's new patch update to the test in future videos.
Here's a rundown of all the fixes and additions in the Assetto Corsa 1.03 update.
ASSETTO CORSA V 1.03 FIXES AND ADDITIONS
• Framerate is now smoother.
• On launching Assetto Corsa, the game will now recognize the device you are using, when selecting the ‘X’ button in the start screen.
• Thrustmaster T80, T100 and TH8 shifter functionality has been improved.
• AI strengths have been re-balanced, in response to community feedback.
FREE BONUS CONTENT!
• This fictional scenery comes with a bonus FREE car model, the Maserati Levante S, the first Maserati SUV! This is a great chance to enjoy the advanced physics level of the simulation with a different kind of vehicle.
XBOX ONE PATCH UPDATE
Stay tuned! As soon as we have more info to share on the launch of the Xbox One patch, we will let you guys know. Please be patient with us and we will update you soon!