Kunos Simulazioni has announced that console players will be getting access to the Black Cat Country track for free in Assetto Corsa as part of the patch update being released later this month.
The Black Cat Country track is a fictional road circuit which was first introduced to PC players in Assetto Corsa's 1.5 update earlier this year. Inspired by the roads in South America, the PC version included three layouts: Short, Intermediate and Long.
Assetto Corsa isn't exactly teaming with tracks and they're all based on real world circuits, so the Black Cat Country road course will be a welcome addition with its more relaxed driving approach and stunning scenery. It's an ideal track for American muscle cars such as the Chevrolet Corvette C7 Stingray and Ford Mustang – it's a shame the only way to currently access them is to buy the Assetto Corsa Prestige Edition.
More details about the upcoming patch are expected to be released soon. For now, here's a list of fixes and additions that have been confirmed so far:
- Framerate will be smoother and screen tearing issues have been resolved.
- Players will be able to select their starting position in the race options screen.
- On launching Assetto Corsa, the game will recognise the device you are using, when selecting the ‘X’ (PlayStation 4) or ‘A’ (Xbox One) button in the start screen.
- Thrustmaster T80, T100 and TH8 shifter functionality has been improved.
- A new option which allows the player to set the visual steering lock to any degree is coming.
- 2 additional difficulty levels – 'Very Easy' and 'Very Hard'.
- AI strengths have been re-balanced, in response to community feedback