Pre-orders are now open for the arcade retro-inspired racer Horizon Chase Turbo ahead of its Xbox One launch on November 28.
Horizon Chase Turbo is a love letter to 16-bit racers of yesteryear taking cues from the likes of Out Run and Top Gear. On the subject of Top Gear (the game not the popular TV series), Horizon Chase Turbo features a soundtrack from Barry Leitch who just happened to create the aforementioned game soundtrack.
You can view some retro flavoured racing from Horizon Chase Turbo in the video below.
The Xbox One version offers players 6 exclusive car skins and together with the Switch version (which is also launching on November 28) will be the first to receive a brand new game mode called “Playground”, consisting of a “set of live challenges that will be updated regularly” which should keep the leaderboard action competitive.
The game main features include:
- Thrilling arcade racing game, inspired by Outrun, Top Gear, Lotus Turbo Challenge, and others
- Amazing old-style split-screen multiplayer up to 4 players
- Music by Barry Leitch, Sound Designer in 90s racing classics such as Top Gear and Lotus Turbo Challenge, among others
- 12 Cups, 48 Cities, 109 tracks, 32 Unlockable Cars, and 12 Upgrades
- 4 Game Modes: World Tour, Playground, Tournament, and Endurance.
- Challenge your friends in the Ghost Mode and in the Leaderboards.