Publisher: Bugbear Entertainment, THQ Nordic
Release Date: 27/08/2019 (PS4 & XONE)
Last June saw the release of the PC version of the demolition-derby style racer Wreckfest after almost five years in an early access state. Today is the turn of console gamers as the racer is now available across the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One consoles, yay.
We’ve waited many years for this moment just as you have so we’re delighted that the title is finally available on the consoles – just in time too as the next generation of consoles will be coming next year!
To support the release of the destruction-based racer, a new trailer has been released and its a pretty good one, take a look at it below.
To coincide with the console release, the PC version will also receive a massive free update today, bringing the game in line with the console version. Furthermore, the new Season Pass is also available on PC for $ 18.39 | € 18.39 | £ 14.71 (The discount is valid until September 10th).
You can view the patch notes for the PC version below.
- 4 new tracks + 1 new derby arena:
- Clayridge Circuit
- Northfolk Ring (with 2 routes)
- Dirt Devil (Speedway)
- Dirt Devil (Derby Arena)
- 5 new vehicles:
- Venom (Career reward vehicle)
- Stretch Limousine
- Couch Car
- Semi Truck
- New Career events:
- Several new career events and challenges for all new tracks and vehicles
- Check each Championship for new events – for example the first championship (Regional Juniors) now has the Couch Car challenge to unlock this vehicle
- Game improvements:
- New paint jobs for most vehicles
- Matchmaking now features quick match for event types
- Server browser UI improved
- Server lobby UI overhauled
- Garage usability improved for car and upgrade selections
- New daytimes for many tracks
- Career menu visually improved
- Multiplayer: Bots now get auto-kicked also during races, if a human player takes their slot
- New loading screens for every map
- Improved collisions
- More varied AI cars
- Lobby auto-ready
- Performance improvements:
- Overall game performance increased especially for older PCs
- Multiplayer better optimized for poor connections and PCs
- Drastically reduced loading times for all maps
- Server side: hardware and bandwidth demands reduced
- Various smaller bugfixes