Not long after the recent announcement of their partnership with the FIA World Rallycross Championship, Codemasters have now released the first of two Rallycross content packs for their Steam Early Access racer DiRT Rally.
The new update also includes two real-world Rallycross tracks: Lydden Hill, United Kingdom and Höljes, Sweden. Codemasters have announced that the second of the two Rallycross content packs will be available soon and will contain, for the first time, online competitive play. You can also expect to see even more Rallycross content too of course.
Codemasters have also released a fresh trailer showcasing the content from the new Rallycross update which you can view below.
Finally, you can see a list of all the additions, changes and fixes from the Rallycross update, or the v0.6 update if you prefer, below.
Support Team VVV on Patreon: www.patreon.com/TeamVVV.
- Three new World RX cars: the Ford Fiesta WRX, Volkswagen Polo Rallycross and Peugeot 208 WRX.
- Two new tracks: Lydden Hill, UK and Höljes, Sweden.
- New music tracks for your listening pleasure.
- Toggle added to enable centring of the steering wheel when the car is reset to track or starting a new race. This can be turned on/off from the “Advanced Wheel” menu in the options menu by toggling “Centre Steering”. The strength of this effect can be tuned from the “Vibration and Feedback” menu by changing “Steering Centre Force”.
- Added a FFB slider to control the strength of the force applied when centring the wheel.
- Clutch deadzone and saturation sliders have been added to the advanced wheel options screen.
- Added support for the Leobodnar Sim Steering FFB system.
- A game preference has been added to allow for the driver arms and steering wheel to be hidden when using an interior camera.
- Progress bar now has red/green markers showing the split when completing a sector.
- The “Little Light” achievement now unlocks after fulfilling the criteria.
- Win Championship based achievements now unlock after a player loses an event during that championship… Sorry.
- All Hillclimb achievements now unlock correctly when the requirements are met.
- Terminal reset lines on the Monte Carlo rally route Pra d’Alart have been pushed back from the track edge.
- General art fixes to the Germany routes.
- Visual co-driver calls improved throughout all tracks.
- Ambience added to German routes.
- Various fixes to benchmark mode race playback
- Solved issue where the game would freeze and stutter while driving when the user has multiple hard drives.
- Added functionality to override the type of device for a controller or wheel – enabling advanced options for these input device respectively.
- Steering linearity is now being applied to the Microsoft Wireless Speed Wheel.
- Position difference. Indicator shown in the Championship Standings for a Hillclimb event now displays the change in championship positions.
- Fixed an issue where the distance required to unlock the later engineers wasn’t updating.
- Fix for replay camera sequence sometimes getting stuck on the onboard camera.
- Issue where the default vehicle tuning settings were not being applied correctly is now fixed.
- Fixed an issue where cars would flip or launch into the air when driving at speed near low height objects… We’re gonna miss watching those videos.
- Upgraded motion platform and telemetry peripheral support so you can now run as many DBox and UDP streams as you want, simultaneously without the need for 3rd party software.
- Finishing 16th in a championship event will now give considerably less rewards.
- Fixed a problem where the game would cause random inputs in the menus that didn’t come from you.
- Various fixes to improve stability and reduce jitter in post race cut scene and replays.
- Fixed the championship position indicators displaying the wrong information.
- Fixed issue where warning message were still present on screen after completing an event.
- Updated vibration and feedback screen to display descriptions for each of the options.
- A wide range of fixes and tweaks to prepare for the upcoming content.