Publisher: 505 Games
Release Date: 12/12/2018
Today marks the fourth content release for the early access PC racing sim Assetto Corsa Competizione bringing with it the Ferrari 488 GT3 racing car and the Hungaroring circuit.
The Ferrari 488 GT3 joins the slowly growing list of racing cars for the title which features the BMW M6, Bentley Continental, and Lamborghini Huracan.
You can view the racing Ferrari in action in the trailer below.
Today’s 0.4 update also introduces the very first version of the “Broadcasting Mode” SDK which enables Steam users to share in streaming and commentate multiplayer races. The Open Source app also grants users access to a control room of sorts which allows for camera-swap commands, interactive cams and “additional options” for editors and commentators alike.
Release 5 of Assetto Corsa Competizione is due on January 16, 2019, and will include the Emil Frey Jaguar G3 car and the Zolder track along with some new multiplayer features.
You can view the full list of changes and updates in the fourth release in the patch notes below.
– New Ferrari 488 GT3
– New Hungaroring circuit
– Preview: Race weekends in Multiplayer
– Added version 1 of the Broadcasting SDK (including test/example application)
– Fixed look around in chase camera
– Added Lock to Horizon option for Cockpit cameras (Alt+H to toggle, Shift+H and Ctrl+H to increment/decrement partial effect)
– Added Confirm popup for NextSession, Restart, Pits and Quit button in ingame menu
– Mirror options are now split in two: “Quality” and “View distance”
– Added Fuel indicator in car HUD
– Added Laps information for Hotstint online leaderboards on “Special events” page
– Corrected brake heat influence on core tyre temps
– Adjustments in cars inertia
– Adjustments in tyre model and tyre flex, should result in better kerb behaviour
– Added TC2 (TC initial cut) feature of F488. Physics, Controls, Setup
– Fixed Tyres IMO (Inside Mid Outside) HUD visualisation
– Fixed Ferrari 488 AI stopping without fuel in long races
– Fixed wrong car systems during replay
– Added lap tag in the replay HUD
– Fixed cumulative automatic highlights endtime
– Instant replay support for Broadcast app
– Fixed focused car when entering or leaving replay
– Fixed wrong time session start after a restart/next session
– Fixed potential exterior camera issues for multiplayer
– Fixed potential wrong near plane during starting sequence
– Fixed proximity indicator according to the focused car
– Added new skins for featured cars
– Car dash luminosity readjusted for new exposure values
– New Total (TO) rating representing strength and completeness (visible in the Rating Profile)
– New driver category (visible in the Rating Profile)
– CarControl Rating adjustments: alien performance now will still have overdrive, but less significant
– CarControl Rating adjustments: very good driving performance will show values of CC 95+
– TR/CN/CC: Fixed false-positive detection of “way too hard” for bends and kinks
– Hotstint now shows laps in the menu leaderboard
– Hotstint gaps now correctly display lap gaps / time gap within the same lap
– Added backend connection state indicator to relevant menu pages
– Added HUD page for broadcasting
– Added HUD page with the current timetables
– Holding TAB will temporarily show the timetables HUD page
– Prevent Ambient sound to play during in game menu
– Improved camera fading when switching cameras