Kunos Simulazioni's released its latest fortnightly update for Assetto Corsa, adding an all-new circuit, car variations and numerous improvements to the Early Access PC racing sim.
Content-wise, the Assetto Corsa V0.7 patch brings with it the Nurburgring Grand Prix circuit – laser scanned for, as Kunos confirms in the official release text, to "reproduce with the maximum fidelity this legendary track in all its details" – and two variations of the Lotus T125 Exos single-seater, F1-inspired track car.
Assetto Corsa V0.7 also adds what's being described by Kunos as a "special tags filtering feature" to the game's user interface, which allows the AI to compete in cars of equal or similar performance to the vehicle the player is currently using, to aid in creating "more specific race events" in the game.
The update also includes fixes and updates for numerous minor issues in Assetto Corsa, which have been detailed in the full patch notes listing below:
- New car Lotus Exos 125
- New upgrade Lotus Exos 125 S1
- New track Nurburgring GP
- Less noisy bodywork sound for GT cars
- Fixed hotlap penalties always on
- Friends Leaderboard :: filters lap for hotlap mode
- Some performance improvements
- Replay size reduced by 25%
- Gui now restoring hidden apps on exit
- Fixed Gui issues on apps
- Fixed smoke issues on replay
- Tuned low-level settings for smoke
- Fixed time attack start
- Some texture update for Autodromo di Monza
- Anticipated pit limiter when entering pitlane for Silverstone and Silverstone International race circuits
- "New" badge in UI cars thumbnails
- New "special tags" filtering. When you select a player car, the AI opponents selection is now suggesting similar cars. You can of course dismiss the special tag and choose more
- New "add visible" and "clear grid" buttons in custom opponents panel UI