Forza Horizon 2 publisher Microsoft Studios has revealed the first 100 licenced cars to be confirmed for the Xbox One-exclusive racing game.
As showcased in the provided release image, exactly half of the title's 200-strong licenced car roster has been revealed, with the selection ranging from vintage cabriolets and iconic off-roaders to contemporary hot hatchbacks and the world's fastest supercars.
Microsoft Studios has also used the reveal to confirm five cars which will be making their Forza franchise debut in Forza Horizon 2, which go as follows:
- 1945 Jeep Willys MB – The iconic off-roader from the Second World War. Often cited as one of the vehicles that won the confilct for the Allies.
- 1954 Jaguar XK120 SE – Jaguar's most powerful variant of the sublime XK120 sports car. At one point, this 120mph roadster was one of the world's fastest ever road cars.
- 1963 Volkswagen Type 2 De Luxe – The second ever post-war Volkswagen road vehicle (hence the 'Type 2' designation). Perhaps more suitable as a livery editor canvas than a machine to tackle your favourite in-game road with…
- 1973 Renault Alpine A110 1600S – Alpine's lithe and agile rear-wheel drive coupe, which utterly dominated the first ever World Rally Championship in 1973
- 2009 Vauxhall Corsa VXR – Just like the car you probably learned to drive in, except with a sporty body kit, stiffer suspension and 190hp of turbocharged punch.
Microsoft Studios has confirmed more information on Forza Horizon 2 – including the remaining 100 cars to be revealed – shall be disclosed in the build-up to the game's launch later this year on 30 September.