SCS Software have just recently announced the availability of the open beta build of the 1.18 update for their long distance hauling PC game Euro Truck Simulator 2.
There’s no doubt about the main attraction of this new update – the Mercedes-Benz Actros Truck. SCS Software commented on capturing the recent Mercedes license:
“We are very excited about obtaining this truck manufacturer license, with Mercedes-Benz trucks becoming a part of the
ETS2 universe, now all ‘Magnificent Seven’ European truck manufacturers are finally in the game.”
The 1.18 update brings with it the obligatory bug fixes and small additions, you can see the changelog below. SCS are asking people to report any bugs found at their official forums. Let us know in the comments if you’ve driven the Actros truck and your thoughts on finally getting the Mercedes-Benz brand in Euro Truck Simulator 2.
Support Team VVV on Patreon: www.patreon.com/TeamVVV.
- new truck – Mercedes-Benz New Actros
- Mercedes-Benz brand is in the game
- Improved vegetation (prefab vegetation distances, rebalanced vegetation LODs, more settings)
- DRL (Daytime Running Lights) for Iveco Hi-Way, Mercedes-Benz New Actros, Volvo FH, DAF XF Euro6
- new trailer skins
- new radios
- support for weather-based pedestrian spawning, support for multiple animations
- over thousand minor fixes in models and in the map
- “known issue: New Actross sfx still need rebalancing”