Kunos Simulazioni have made available their free version 1.5 update for Assetto Corsa.
The new update adds a ton of new and updated content to the PC (and soon to be console) racing sim. One area Kunos have focused on for this update is bringing some of the older Assetto Corsa tracks up to modern day standards. The older tracks in Assetto Corsa created a fairly noticeable gap in quality compared to the very latest creations and so Kunos have updated, not just some, but all of the old tracks which now boast high quality visuals to put them on par with the likes of Barcelona and Brands Hatch.
Also included in the new update is the fictional environment known as “The Black Cat County” which is a stretch of road complete with breath-taking scenery (as seen below) for a pleasurable driving experience, forget about which gear you're in or if you're on the racing line, this is for pure enjoyment. Kunos have stressed that the Black Cat County does not represent any new direction for the racing sim and is simply there for some fun.
Three new cars make it into the v1.5 update: the 2015 Ford Mustang, Chevrolet Corvette C7 Stingray and the somewhat less powerful Abarth 595 EsseEsse. If that wasn't enough then you'll be pleased to know that Vallelunga now has an additional layout. The classic Vallelunga layout features the old version of the “Trincea” bend which should provide an extra challenge.
Graphics and sounds also see improvements in this very latest update with new post-processing filters, and shaders along with new reverb effects, shift and backfire sounds which should elevate the racing experience to all new levels.
The v1.5 build will also bring all of the cars up to date with the very latest tyre model. Kunos pride themselves on their intuitive handling model:
Our goal is always the same, an easy-to-understand handling model thanks to the improved feedback, which is also more demanding once over the limit. From street tyres that are easy to maintain in drift but at the same time more willing to spin once over the optimum grip to slick tyres that can be very slippery when cold to very sticky once hot but at the same time nervous and unwilling over the limit, requiring fast hand movements and skilful footwork.
Support TeamVVV on Patreon: www.patreon.com/TeamVVV.
Version 1.5 changelog
– New Abarth 595esseesse and S1, S2 upgrades
– New Corvette C7 Stingray
– Nurburgring gp circuit updated
– Silverstone circuit updated
– Spa circuit updated
– Nurburgring Nordschleife endurance cup layout added
– Magione circuit updated
– Drift circuit updated
– Vallelunga classic layout added
– Activated time progression in Multiplayer
– Pitstop are now available in single player races
– Launcher: steam overlay support disabled due to stability issues
– Launcher: changes to memory usage policy, more aggressive memory releasing thresholds
– Updated drivetrain upshift and downshift timings for all cars
– Free camera now honours distance multiplier for sound attenuation
– Transmission sound can have its own volume (by default it shares engine volume, otherwise it uses the TRANSMISSION value set in audio.ini)
– Backfire sound shares engine volume
– Realtime app shows lapped guys (blue) and lapping guys (green)
– Fixed fuel consumption on turbo engines
– Modding : added FormCamera functionality to associate internal/external soundset
– Modding : added Digital Instrument KERS_CHARGE (percentage)
– Modding : added Digital Instrument CURRENT_LAP
– Modding : added Digital Instrument AMBIENT_TEMP
– Modding : added Digital Instrument PLACE_HOLDER to avoid fixed digits on texture (use TEXT)
– All tyres now use V7 with brand new heating values (beta: except Exos F1 tyres yet)
– Changed all tyres flex and pressure relation.
– Modified global aero efficiency with yaw angle. Works on all cars
– Yaw angle stalling wings and diffusers for GT2/GT3 cars and Mercedes C9 and Lotus 98T
– 200,400,500,1000,2000 meters drag circuits now available
– Python Interface:
– setCustomFont(fontfamily, italic, bold)
– setCameraCar(F6 camera index, carId)
– totally revamped backfire system (will not break mods)
– CameraManager : fixed issue globalCameraIndex
– Fixed CameraApp to reflect Dash and Chase changes
– Fixed Random camera wrong cameras + message
– added new driver model with lod
– SharedMemory : added new members
float turboBoost = 0;
float airDensity = 0;
int isInPitLine = 0;
float airTemp = 0;
bool penaltiesEnabled = false;
float aidTireRate = 0;
bool aidAllowTyreBlankets = false;
bool aidAutoClutch = false;
– fixed several cars still featuring dashboard "floating" digits
– added first implementation of Force Feedback Post Processing (docs in cfg/ff_post_process.ini)
– improved tyre heating on low friction surfaces (grass,sand etc)
– Server lap counters and lap times are now 16 bit unsigned ints allowing super long sessions/races
– revamp of all digital displays and script
– Lamborghini Huracan GT3 3D model tweaks
– Various LOD fixes across the entire vehicle content
– Roof on the LaFerrari is now customizeable
– Various skin issues fixed
– Improved AI behavior in traffic