Dirt Rally 2.0 Thread - Team VVV
Home » Topics » Racing Gaming » Dirt Rally 2.0 Thread
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Alan BoistonAlan Boiston
    Keymaster

So, Dirt Rally 2.0 has finally been revealed. I’ll keep the majority of chat in this thread and if you have questions for future developer interviews, add the reply and I’ll include the best ones in the OT for inclusion.

In the meantime we’ve got all of the news on the game page https://www.teamvvv.com/games/dirt-rally-2-0/ and trailer below.

Preview Part 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9nK7b7e_Y0
    Preview Part 3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOz5kmriaNM
    Preview Part 4 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBhLU-AWCIU
    Preview Part 5 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTyOD07UJMg
    Team Chat Preview

Bernardo Henriques

Will the game include super special stages?
    Also wondering if we are going to see more cars from the early 2000’s like the Citroën Xsara or the Peugeut 206 to join the Focus WRC and Subaru Impreza from previous games.

First I would like to know if there is a local multiplayer mode?
    In rally mode the game has original stages, or are they generated like DiRT 4?

Andreas Thomassen

Hi will all fia world rx and euro cars and drivers come to dirt rally 2.0?

TylerDurden4321

Do Group B cars again have a handbrake on all realism settings? Have they improved the differential simulation?
    (if you look at the differential simulation in Richard Burns Rally, even in the tuning menu, it’s obviously much more complex than what was featured in DiRT Rally).

Bob Jenkins

Is there a setting for controlling speed and frequency of windscreen wipers? They can be off-putting if wiping at the wrong moment.

Kribs

Can you ask the devs to add a wrc onboard style camera for replays as in on the co driver side?

FinBarLay

Can you ask the devs about he decision not to support VR at launch ?

• This topic was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by Alan BoistonAlan Boiston.
    Anonymous
    Inactive

They were a lot of fun in Colin McRae Rally games, specially in 2.0’s challenge mode.
    Also wondering if we are going to see more cars from the early 2000’s like the Citroën Xsara or the Peugeut 206 to join the Focus WRC and Subaru Impreza from previous games.

Alan BoistonAlan Boiston
    Keymaster

They were a lot of fun in Colin McRae Rally games, specially in 2.0’s challenge mode.

Thanks Bernardo, say hello in the new members sectionhttps://www.teamvvv.com/forums/forum/f-a-q and tell us about your racing and gaming passions.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by Alan BoistonAlan Boiston.
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi again, I have a few more questions.
    First I would like to know if there is a local multyplayer mode, because the last DiRT games were not to good to play with friends at home, and I’m telling it from personal experience.
    In rally mode the game has original stages, or are they generated like DiRT 4?

Alan BoistonAlan Boiston
    Keymaster

This game will have original stages, not those generated as they were in Dirt 4. But the game will include some assets from Dirt 4 in detailing the stages.

No multiplayer details yet but we’ll ask down the line.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok thanks for the reply.

Stewart
    Participant

VR Support?

Alan BoistonAlan Boiston
    Keymaster

We’ve not had confirmation either way, but I’m sure the developers will look to include if they can.

TinTopRacing16
    Participant

Hi,

Just watched the footage of DR 2.0 running on the PS4 Pro.

I have a couple question’s you may not know the answer’s to at this stage.
    Is HDR something we can expect on the PS4?
    Has Codemasters hinted at what kind of resolutions we will see on the Pro?

For a first time run, I think you did surprisingly well. The stage’s look more complex, tighter and visually gorgeous. The sun glare really adds to the authenticity too.

Looking forward to more content in the future.

Matt
    (TinTopRacing)

Alan BoistonAlan Boiston
    Keymaster

Thanks Matt, Dirt Rally is always challenging and it always looks easier than it really is if you do it relatively cleanly. This stage was smoother but the driving was more technical with it being a FWD car and it was quite long, all becomes a battle of concentration in the latter stages.

No specifics on graphics yet, I’m expecting a dynamic resolution but we’ll wait and see. Frame rate is the core goal here and they already look to be making great progress with 3 months of development to polish everything and fix as many bugs as possible.

We’ll have a team chat up next week going into more detail. Shame to see so much negativity on the YouTube comments, VR aside, people seem to be looking for faults rather than appreciating the progress made.

Kevin DooleyKevin Dooley
    Keymaster

I have to say, Argentina looks like it’ll cause a number of headaches – look at how little room you’ve got to play with! – https://www.teamvvv.com/news/dirt-rally-2-0s-argentina-stage-looks-nightmarishly-difficult/

Alan BoistonAlan Boiston
    Keymaster

I have to say, Argentina looks like it’ll cause a number of headaches – look at how little room you’ve got to play with! – https://www.teamvvv.com/news/dirt-rally-2-0s-argentina-stage-looks-nightmarishly-difficult/

Yep, so narrow, its going to be really really difficult. I also found it impossible to see in the shadows so I hope you can turn your headlights on.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi will all fia world rx and euro cars and drivers come to dirt rally 2.0?

TylerDurden4321TylerDurden4321
    Participant

The Golf Alan drove in the New Zealand video, indeed seemed really understeery – didn’t look like the car could be sharply flicked in and the brake bias seemed to have locked the front long before the rear => understeer -, hopefully it was just a very safe setup for the event.

Since Alan asked for questions, I do have one, but it’s a little odd one:
    In the original DiRT Rally, it always bothered me that Group B cars had handbrakes – they didn’t in real life (as far as I know). In one of the DiRT Rally 2.0 Trailers with the Group B Audi (this one definitely didn’t have a handbrake, correctly simulated in pCARS2 and AC), it again looks like the driver uses the handbrake for some turns (judging from helicopter perspective, so I could have this wrong). If the Codies’ differential simulation was realistic, then pulling the handbrake for a hairpin drift would result in the center differential locking up the front tires as well, not only the rears, and thus would not be any different from just pressing the normal brake so hard that all 4 wheels lock up, resulting in the car not being steerable through the hairpin.

So question: Do Group B cars again have a handbrake on all realism settings? Have they improved the differential simulation?
    (if you look at the differential simulation in Richard Burns Rally, even in the tuning menu, it’s obviously much more complex than what was featured in DiRT Rally).

It’s probably too nerdy to ask this. But I just felt like bringing this up.

Alan BoistonAlan Boiston
    Keymaster

So question: Do Group B cars again have a handbrake on all realism settings? Have they improved the differential simulation?

It’s probably too nerdy to ask this. But I just felt like bringing this up.

That’s an excellent question and I’ve added it to the OP. I confess I had no idea about this handbrake issue, will certainly make the Group B cars more interesting to drive. It seems like some cars may have had a handbrake but diff settings in the cars made the use of it unworkable in some cases depending on how the car was set-up. I’ll be sure to ask the developer the question.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.