Ride 3 Thread - Team VVV
Home » Topics » Racing Gaming » Ride 3 Thread
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Alan BoistonAlan Boiston
    Keymaster

Ride 3 is upon us this week, a huge roster of bikes, circuits and customisation, what are your thoughts on it so far?

Nelly D RacerNelly D Racer
    Participant

PC Performance Test Videos:

4K Test.
    https://youtu.be/dLei4qx9q4A

3440×1440 Ultrawide.
    https://youtu.be/CVPnQCnDkZ4

I’ve also got a multi-cam coming later ?

Participant

4K Magny Cours Night Race – Multicam.
    https://youtu.be/RnTdXmCQy6s

Seriously loving this game but it seems a lot more unforgiving than the previous titles.

Alan BoistonAlan Boiston
    Keymaster

Nice, ultra-wide looks cool!

Yes, I’ll be giving my frank opinions on the game with Kevin on Tuesday. There’s a lot to talk about. What are your first impressions?

Participant

Feel free to use these videos if you want ??

Graphically it’s a big improvement, there’s some nice lighting effects but it has got a texture streaming issue which I’ve noticed on quite a few Unreal Engine 4 games. It looks fine at 60 fps but when you go above 60 it starts looking a bit bland and washed out.

Loving the new courses especially Daytona, even without touching the career mode there’s more than enough to keep me busy.

Alan BoistonAlan Boiston
    Keymaster

Thanks Nelly!

Generally for videos we use, it will need to be more defined. A performance test wouldn’t be of a great deal of interest, compared to say, winning a race on a high difficulty, nailing it with all assists off on a difficult track, comparing bike sounds or handling models. On your multi-cam the black drop shadow is unnecessary and hence really irritating. Also, lose the racing line 😉

How are you finding the game?

Participant

I’ve tried running without a breaking line and I’m hopeless at it ?

Thanks for the advice on the multicam ?

Alan BoistonAlan Boiston
    Keymaster

Oh it takes time but don’t give up, that just shows you’re too reliant on the line.

Look to other objects around you, look to your exit point and aim for the exit of the corner, you’ll gradually string it all together. Start on a course you know well and work from there.

TravisTravis
    Participant

Thoughts on Ride 3?

How is the Milestone UE4 implementation versus the Kunos implementation in ACC? I don’t really like the looks of ACC right now.

Alan BoistonAlan Boiston
    Keymaster

Kevin is finishing his review will be up this week and if he has time, we’ll get a team chat up as well.

Mister30
    Participant

I havnt bought the game yet but was extremely disappointed to see when Alan did a lap of north west 200 on the stream theyd got the track wrong again. Left out the chicane at start and finish. the road is there they just didn’t use it. Macau is wrong too again!!!

Alan BoistonAlan Boiston
    Keymaster

I havnt bought the game yet but was extremely disappointed to see when Alan did a lap of north west 200 on the stream theyd got the track wrong again. Left out the chicane at start and finish. the road is there they just didn’t use it. Macau is wrong too again!!!

Yes it is a surprise and a shame that improvements requested by the community weren’t included. No word from the developers as to why?

TravisTravis
    Participant

Steam sale purchase perhaps?

Alan BoistonAlan Boiston
    Keymaster

Steam sale purchase perhaps?

I would say so, it’s not the Ride game we were expecting or hoping for, a real missed opportunity by Milestone to utterly dominate the market.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.