Polyphony's Gran Turismo 6 was recently updated to version 1.18. With it came the inclusion of the second Volkswagen Vision GT car, the GTI Supersport, also we receive confirmation of this year's GT Academy competition with the addition of a GT Academy Special Event.
The 1.18 update also fixes the frustrating transmission bug which surfaced after the last update. As an added bonus, the first Volkswagen Vision GT car, the GTI Roadster, sees an improvement in engine sounds. The VW GTI Supersport can be seen in action in the unveil trailer below.
The full v1.18 changelog can be viewed below. Also check out Screenshots of the GTI Supersport Vision GT, and Alan's thoughts of the recent inclusion of the classic Midfield raceway track further below. What do you make of Volkswagen GTI Supersport?
Gran Turismo 6 v.1.18 Changelog
Vision Gran Turismo
- The “Volkswagen GTI Supersport Vision Gran Turismo” has been released.
GT Academy 2015
- “GT Academy 2015″ has been added to the “Special Events” section. Eligible countries, schedules and other details will follow in a separate notification.
- We have fixed the issue found after the 1.17 update where the settings of the [Fully Customizable Transmission] were being reset to default after entering a race.
- Improved the engine sounds for the Volkswagen GTI Roadster Vision Gran Turismo
- Adjusted the deployment timings of the air brake for the Alpine Vision Gran Turismo, Alpine Vision Gran Turismo Race Mode, and Chevrolet Chaparral 2X Vision Gran Turismo, when using the (DUALSHOCK®3) wireless controller.