Rocket League developer Psyonix have announced that the very next update, due out within 2 weeks, will enable players to play another ranked match immediately after finishing the current one.
Psyonix will also start Season 1 finally when the new 1.05 update launches, it will be interesting to see what they have up their sleeves for this. Also to be added in the upcoming update is the option for PC players to filter out PlayStation 4 players in matchmaking searches, usernames displayed as ********** will be fixed, a new music player which enables you to switch tracks, and other changes which can be seen below.
Will this new update mean you'll be playing more ranked matches in Rocket League?
Upcoming changes/improvements for v1.05 update
- You can finally search for a new ranked match at the end-game screen:
- PC players can filter PS4 players:
- Usernames displayed as ********* will be fixed
- Broken textchat will still work after coming from suspend mode on PS4
- Season 1 finally starts with 1.05
- There will be a music player in the game to switch between the game's music tracks
- Improved savegame corruption protection
- Changes/improvements to Utopia
- Middle east servers will still come at some point
- Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Flags