Following the conclusion of the Mercedes-AMG Motorsport Eracing Competition 2018 (won by Kevin Siggy Rebernak) both the AMG-Mercedes CLK DTM 2003 and the AMG-Mercedes C-Klasse DTM 2005 are now available for RaceRoom Racing Experience for £3.52 each on the RaceRoom Store.
The new racing cars come as part of a new update for RaceRoom which adds a number of improvements and fixes alike. A revised slowdown penalty has been added (after much frustration over not being allowed to choose where to serve the penalty), a modification to Adaptive AI logic now ignores lap times that are clearly slower than the player’s known pace, and frame drops at race starts have been eradicated.
You can view the full patch notes below.
Download size = 201.9 MB
Client version = 0.3.0.6424
Client BuildID = 3241815
Dedi version = 46.0.733
Dedi BuildID = 3241888
- Player can now serve a slowdown penalty anywhere and will not be forcefully slowed down. The time illegally gained has to be given back within 60 seconds. Failing to comply will result in a drive-through penalty.
- Cars serving a slowdown penalty are no longer ghosted.
- Slowdown penalties are now displayed as part of the flag HUD element.
- Sorted the controller assignments by categories in Controls settings menu.
- Removed “Clutch Biting Point” from Advanced Controller settings, as it is no longer used.
- Adaptive AI logic now ignores laps that are clearly slower than player’s known pace. Any lap slower by at least 3% compared to player’s average laptime in a given race session is now ignored.
- Improved network communications in cases of extreme saturation. Should solve some timing issues spotted by players who are hosting a multiplayer race, racing themselves and also streaming in HD on the same computer.
- Some performance improvements for situations where many cars are leaving skidmarks on the track.
- Added key bindings allowing to move the cockpit camera perspective horizontally. This allows for setups with very large screens where the player isn’t sitting exactly in the center of the display. This setting is remembered per car.
- VR – Improved readability of the various HUD elements
- VR – Mirror to screen option is now remembered between two game startups.
- Fixed HUD messages not dealing with UTF-8 (accentuated characters will no longer be missing).
- Chat font color is now a tiny bit darker yellow for better readability.
- Fixed a HUD overlay showing up when switching between cars in a replay.
- Fixed an exploit where players would leave the pitlane in the opposite direction and be allowed to cut corners after completing 2 laps.
- Fixed the centering of the mouse cursor when driving with the mouse as a controller.
- Fixed success ballasts not being properly transferred or applied between two championship races.
- Fixed a live timing issue during a race start on the VLN and 24H layouts.
- Fixed input meter being visible while flying around in free camera
- Fixed a failure to start the executable if installed inside a folder structure that has a \Game\ folder inside it.
- Fixed various reported game crashes
- Audi RS 3 LMS – Updated the steering wheel to the 2018 version.
- Various small visual fixes on WTCR cars