After suffering several delays, Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown finally has a release date, as Bandai Namco recently confirmed the upcoming flight sim will be landing on PS4 and Xbox One on January 18, 2019, and PC on February 1st. For extra immersion, the PS4 version will also be compatible with the PlayStation VR headset. To get the best experience, you’ll want to play Ace Combat 7 with a flight stick.
Luckily, Thrustmaster has announced a new limited edition Ace Combat 7 version of its acclaimed T.Flight Hotas flight stick, which made its first public appearance at Gamescom this week. Two versions of the limited edition flight stick will be available based on the T.Flight Hotas 4 and T.Flight Hotas One.
Thrustmaster says its close collaboration with the developers of Ace Combat has allowed for full integration of the joystick, making the game more precise and fun to play. It’s also compatible with all previous games that supported the T.Flight Hotas 4 and T.Flight Hotas One. No pricing or a release date has been announced yet, but it would make sense for it to coincide with the launch of Ace Combat 7 next year.
Flight sim fanatics can also order the recently announced Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals for PC.
Here’s the official features list for the T. Flight Hotas 4 Ace Combat 7 Limited Edition and T. Flight Hotas One Ace Combat 7 Limited Edition provided by Thrustmaster:
- Optimal Joystick Mapping developed by the game development team
- Plug & Play to provide the ultimate Joystick experience in the most famous flying franchise on videogames consoles.
- Ergonomically designed to adapt to all types of flights in Ace Combat at full speed, whether in VR or non VR experience.
- Adjustable stick resistance with large hand rest.
- Full-size detachable throttle for easy manoeuver even in VR.
- Dual rudder system: by rotating handle (with integrated locking system) or by progressive tilting lever.
- Weighted base for enhanced stability.
- Comprehensive flight gear: 5 axes + 12 action buttons + 1 rapid fire trigger + 1 multidirectional hat switch (navigation / panoramic view).
- Built-in official buttons for PlayStation®4 system (PS/SHARE/OPTIONS). Access social functions, switch between the game and the system, navigate through the system’s menus, etc (T. Flight Hotas 4 Ace Combat 7 Limited Edition) (T. Flight Hotas One Ace Combat 7 Limited Edition).
- Built-in official buttons for Xbox One console (Guide/Menu/View). Access social functions, switch between the game and the console, navigate through the console’s menus, etc.
Recognised in compatible games as a real joystick for optimum flight precision.