The Route Creator tool is now available for Forza Horizon 4, as part of the open world racing game’s latest update.
One of the most requested features for any Forza Horizon game, the Route Creator lets players create their own custom singleplayer race courses using the game’s ‘Blueprint’ feature.
Courses created in the Route Creator will be limited to 40 miles in length, and the routes can only use the starting points of the game’s Asphalt, Dirt or Cross-Country events.
Accessible when the player reaches level 50, the 10 ‘British Racing Green’ missions allow players to briefly sample 20 of the game’s UK-derived cars, as part of a premise that “celebrates a century of British automotive excellence”.
Complementing the content additions are an array of fixes and refinements – ranging from the ability to quit Team Adventure online multiplayer events, to improving how the force feedback transmits the effects of understeer to the player.
A full changelog for the update has been added below:
- General stability and performance improvements.
- Multiple engine audio improvements based on community feedback.
- Added quit option in Quickplay Team Adventure after finishing an Adventure.
- Improvements to Force Feedback understeer effect
- Fix for progress loss on Forzathon Challenges.
- Fix for rewards not being awarded in Seasonal Championships and Trial events.
- Fix for blurring on the edges of a moving target car in Photo Mode.
- Fix to avoid early completion of Trial events and allow all events to be finished.
- Fix for VIP House reward exploit.
- Fix for reset system not placing the car correctly when changing season after an event.
- Improvements to free-roam Drivatar behaviour, when driving round tight corners
- Fix for calculation of team score in Horizon Stories Co-op sessions during time-based challenges.
- Fix for Forzathon Weekly Bonus not updating correctly in the UI.
- Fix for HDR brightness calibration screen.
- Fix for traffic cars not spawning sometimes after a Barn Find cinematic.
- Fix for displayed value of VIP house when VIP owned, but house not purchased.
- Fix for rotating wheels when car is stationary in Pause Menu, ForzaVista and Drone Mode.
- Fix for video options being lost when tweaking AMD GPU clock speeds.
- Increased quality of grass and tree procedurals at distance when Procedural Quality setting is set to Extreme.
- Fix for ‘low streaming bandwidth’ message on high spec PCs when GPU-limited.
- Fix for crash when changing audio devices whilst a video is playing.
- No Xbox-specific fixes.