Today the car football sensation Rocket League will officially support the PlayStation Pro hardware.
Thanks to Sony's beefed up Pro console, Rocket League will give players the option to play in 4K resolution at 60 frames per second (fps) across every arena in both single and two-player split screen modes. Developer Psyonix have also confirmed that three and four-player split screen modes will also offer 4K resolution and 60 fps in “most arenas”.
Besides the PS4 Pro update, today will also see the release of the Hot Wheels DLC pack which gives players the Twin Mill III and Bone Shaker vehicles added to the game. As part of the Hot Wheels update, new Hot Wheels customisation items will be included which are free for everyone. A Hot Wheels themed antenna and topper have been confirmed along with a treasure hunt flag and shark bite topper.
You can view the full list of additions coming to Rocket League today below.
- Hot Wheels premium DLC cars, Twin Mill III and Bone Shaker (sold separately).
- Additional free Hot Wheels-themed post-match item drops, including both Toppers and Antennas.
- A new fan-voted “Player’s Choice” Crate filled with some of the community’s favorite items.
- PS4-specific technical improvements.
- Multiple performance optimizations and bug fixes.