Image Space Incorporated has released their revamped version of Silverstone for rFactor 2. Now at V1.14, the update effectively transforms the circuit thanks to the previously announced enhanced surface model that accurately simulates the track’s bumps and elevation changes from real data. Furthermore, the International layout has been added, the GP Layout has been replaced with the GT Layout to now include 41 pit stalls and numerous graphical updates.
rFactor 2's Silverstone version 1.14 can be downloaed from ISC's official download page.
– Increased surface mesh density at The Link and Maggots Corner for short layouts
– Added International layout
– Added Concrete Blocks to prevent wandering beyond limits on short layouts
– Added Medium Rubber RealRoad presets
– Added International layout cameras
– Fixed multiple small terrain gaps
– Fixed Collision for Bridges
– Fixed Smoothing on Grandstand at Club Corner
– Fixed light glow being always enabled
– Fixed Daylight Saving Time zone
– Tweaked wall materials for a tiny bit less aliasing
– Tweaked RealRoad texture
– Tweaked Vehicle materials
– Optimized Armco for better and smoother performance
– Optimized Vehicles for better and smoother performance
– Optimized LOD distances for better performance
– Optimized Crowds for better performance
– Optimized Grandstands for better performance
– Optimized Omni Lights for International layout
– Optimized Grass and Gravel Verges
– Optimized Vehicle textures
– Smoothness should be improved by an average of 25-35% over v1.01 depending on detail settings; up to 45% in most previously heavy stutter areas.
– Existing 1.01 GP Layout has been replaced by what we now call GT Layout; which is the same layout with extra garage spots.