As promised, Slightly Mad Studios have released hte long-awaited v1.4 patch the for PC and PS4 versions of Project CARS, which addresses a number of reported issues as well as boosting performance.
The shaders have been completely rebuilt for the PS4 version, resulting in a "significant performance boost in some areas." Elsewhere, the anti aliasing has been further optimising to reduce the ghosting effect.
Here's a full list of all the tweaks and changes in the Project CARS v1.4 patch:
* PC – Fixed an issue that would cause the game to crash while watching saved replays, when shared memory is enabled.
* PS4 – Temporal anti-aliasing has been further optimized. This reduces the ghosting effect and additionaly gives the player full control via a slider to tweak the resulting image according to personal preference.
* PS4 – All shaders have been rebuilt using new shader compiler, giving a significant performance boost in some areas.
Physics & AI
* The AI will now show much more realistic grip loss when running on slick tyres in the rain.
Pitting, tuning, setups
* Fixed an issue where custom vehicle setups were lost when progressing through sessions.
* Ensure that the AI always pit when they need to change tyres based on the weather conditions.
* The pit stop routine will no longer start during online races until the player closes the pit stop menu. This ensures that the player has enough time to select or configure an appropriate set of actions before the pit crew start working on the car.
* The currently-active Pit strategy will now remain in action when advancing through race sessions.
* Fixed an issue where the remaining session time displayed an incorrect value in the Tuning screen.
* Fixed and issue where the Track Location popup would at times appear on some screens.
* PS4 – Fixed an issue where network features could not be used after resuming from rest mode.
* PC – The session host now regularly sets the current timestamp into a session attribute, so that sessions with too old timestamps are not displayed in the browser. This prevents stale sessions with no active host from appearing in the session browser.
* Xbox One – Fixed an issue where matchmaking was not filtering the race length correctly.
Controls – All platforms
* Fixed an issue that causes the wheel centring spring to be active during driving.
* Further enhancements to the steering feeling – Improved blending between the tyre force spring and the steering lock spring.
Controls – PS4
* Improved the support implementation of several older Fanatec wheels, such as the GT2, GT3, and CSR.
* Fixed the Fanatec CSP pedals to save the calibration correctly if player calibrated only pedals.
* Fixed the Fanatec CSW handbrake.
Fixed an issue where the rain wipers’ state did not reset correctly when restarting a session.
* Fixed fuel pressure gauge calibration in several cars.
* Ford Mk.IV – Improved the collision model to prevent vehicles wedging in under other vehicles.
* Lykan Hypersport -Statistics updated to latest manufacturer specification.
* Karts – Reworked the Karts optimization to help address performance drops with a lot of Karts on track.
* BMW M3 GT4 – Improved the accuracy of the levels at which the oil and water temperature warning lights will activate.
* 250cc Superkart – Improved the default setup to address controller issues on higher speed tracks, and improved the AI handling.
* Pagani Huayra – Reduced fuel consumption to around 3mpg in hard track use, and improved cooling to prevent engine overheating.
* Watkins Glen – Fixed a number of accuracy issues around the track.
* Silverstone National – Vehicle grid placement reworked to more closely align with the painted start boxes.
* Willow Springs – Fixed an issue where the vehicle could drive through the barriers when exiting the pits.
* Fixed an issue where very thin lines would not always appear.
* Fixed the issue where HUD customization was not saved on exiting a session.
* Monitor/Spectate mode – Fixed an issue where the vehicle being viewed would automatically reset to the player’s vehicle on leaving the monitor screen.
Have you noticed any significant improvements from the Project CARS v1.4 patch?