Project CARS players are in for a treat this Christmas. The latest build of Slightly Mad Studios' sophisticated simulation has been released, adding a new track in the form of Brands Hatch and four new cars to play with: the Ginetta G55 GT3, the classic Mercedes 300SEL 6.8 AMG, the Ford Sierra Cosworth RS500 Group A and the Le Mans-winning Sauber C9.
The iconic British track is the first to be perfected with laser-scan data, and is also available with a special Christmas configuration. As ever, the track and cars are in a very early state and will be polished up in future updates.
Scroll down for a full list of changes in the latest build.
Build 632 (20/12/13, Junior Member+) – 124.2 MB
* FFB: Turned on the slow spring for all cars to prevent oscillation when stopped.
* Ford GT40 MkIV: Ultra detail level Setup initial checkin, full LODs setup done.
* Azure Coast (Stage1): Added latest assets from Kate and Gary, fixed some mapping issues on roads and terrain, replaced the barrier system all along the s1 village, added woods armcos, remapped rocks and slopes new mat created, added dry soil areas here and there along this sections, reworked the grass csm on these area, grass, bakedclay, longgrass, slopegrass, fixed coll walls
Build 631 (19/12/13, Junior Member+) – 440 MB
* Updated RaceOverview screen with date values
* Fix for missing text on the Calibrate Wheel screen
* Prototype RWD P30: New physics set
* Sauber C9: Added ambient shadow, tweaked cockpit exposure, initial physics set
* Ginetta G55 GT3: Small cpit display tweak, configured various things for the first export, adjusted cockpit exposure, removed 2 pages from display, finished export setup, added lights, mirorrs, display
* Flag wind speed fix for vertical flags, removal of very fast/inconsistent animations (needs animations replacement)
* Oulton Park: Added ao map for scrutineering building (not yet in-game)
– Using DX11MT on Brands Hatch leads to a crash at Pilgrims Drop