Slightly Mad Studios has released the first build of the month for its Project CARS beta, which allows every member to try out two all-new cars that have been added in Build 417.
Though both automobiles originate from the motoring heartlands of Germany, the duo couldn't be more different if they tried: the BMW M3 GT4 is, as its name suggests, the purpose-built homologated GT4 racing version of the now-discontinued BMW E92 M3 road car, whereas the Ruf RGT-8 is the latest in a long line of ultra-powerful and ultra-fast Porsche-based offerings the firm has been renowned the world over for almost forty years.
The new build also brings with it a raft of physics changes to some of the other cars that make up the closed beta's increasingly impressive and expansive roster, along with some alterations to other aspects of the game. The full list of changes can be found below:
* Added script search paths to includes in common libs
* Modified ScribeCompiler build rule to add new default properties and allow per-project editing
* Next revision of kart, including new A/B/C test
* New lenflare tech
* Fixed depth map support in skyrings – allows variation of fog strength so some parts look closer
* Casual women cheering animations
* Armco 3d distance adjustments to match main engine gain and filter roll offs
* RUF AI set added.
* Adding RUF AI engine set
* Bathurst: Added outer grass, fixed various wall issues, reduced outer terrian extent to fix terrain pop up, created new grass exclusion map. added new texture for grass clusters for the autograss
* BMW M3 GT: Added placeholder livery banners + tweaked lights
* Formula A: new aero with vastly increased ride height sensitivity. set suspension to use wheel rate for everything
* Pirault Mega: Fixed spring rate calculation mistake. Ride frequencies now match the appropriate spec