Several updates for Project CARS have been released recently containing all manner of bug fixes and new features, but most notable is the addition of a new car: the Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster.
The ultra-rare roadster (only five were made, as the name implies) is showcased in the latest community gallery, with over 40 sumpteous screenshots compiled by the community to kick off the new year in high gear.
As ever, Slightly Mad insist that the images were sourced in-game without the use of a photo mode or additional enhancement effects that aren't available in the game.
Project CARS was also shown off at the recent CES at 4K resolution displayed on a triple screen set up. While the media would have you believe that 4K will take over home entertainment as we know it, in reality it's still a very long way off from becoming mainstream – let alone in the gaming sphere.
Still, it's great exposure for Slightly Mad Studios to see Project CARS used to demonstrate the potential of 4K gaming, not to mention a testament to the quality of its graphics that they still appear crystal clear when scrutinised at such a high resolution.
Build 638 (10/01/14, Team Member+) – 66.8 MB
* PS4 updates for ‘begin’ on shaders, to allow for constant buffer monitoring.
* Removed a large data cache stall in SetInternalParams.
* Fixing PS4 compile error – missing switch case
* Added AI Lap time generation
* Drivers: Oli webb initial exports and textures
* Made Evon CR500-Flexi the default tire for Atoms and the R500
* Brands Hatch: Texturemap tweak to fix the pitwall-fence shadow
Build 637 (09/01/14, Team Member+) – 51.0 MB
* Xbox One: Added first draft input set for gamepad
* Xbox One: Added basic gamepad support
* Xbox One: Fixed bug in temp vsscanf implementation that caused stack overflow
* Pit mechanics: Fire attendant reference animations added
* Oulton Park: Added new textures for start lights and pit wall section (NOT YET IN-GAME)
Build 636 (08/01/14, Team Member+) – 70.2 MB
* XBox One: Temporary fix for flickering instanced geometry
* Tweaked PS4 DCB and garlic buffer size. Added checks for bad view port settings.
* Fix for PS4 reflection render target size.
* Fix for loading crash when exterior sunflare is set to “none”
* DX11: fix for Distortion texture SRGBnesss
* Tires: L49 KERB A/B/C to test three “fixes” for slow speed kerb stepping
* Ford Capri GR5, BMW M1 Procar: New flexi tires with new compounds to suit (lower grip as before). Also added a wet rain tire for both cars to try. Adjusted the setups a tiny bit on both cars to suit the new tires. Nice and predicable handling/sliding on both cars. Enjoy!
* Mercedes 190E Evo2: LODA/ LODC work done. Started Cpit work. Actually at 75K tris.
* Ariel Atom 300 & Mugen: Updated underbody collision material settings
* Azure Coast Stage1: Removed the rails along the central reservation area, updated the whole left side of the croisette, added new rails, fixed pave, updated csm csm walls csm grass, fixed treewall texture, fixed hotel martins mat, wrong emm, , updated VT stuff along the croisette, left side + res area, updated sel sets
Build 635 (07/01/14, Junior Member+) – 64.3 MB
* DX11/Xbox One uses single pass Motion-Blur technique – this allows phase3 to use 11.11.10 (32bit) HDR saving ESRAM memory bandwidth.
* XBox One: Fix for missing command buffer sizes in threadsetup
* Fix for ambient shadow texture extension on non-dx platforms.
* Enable/fix single Pass motion-blur technique for DX11.
* Changed the leaderboards code to use Steam as the default. Use -javalb to switch back to old Java master server leaderboards.
* Career leaderboards can now show track records only from cars eligible for the event. Added code to extract the eligible vehicle IDs in the format the leaderboards use, and enabled car text display.
* Azure Coast Stage 1: Added latest stuff, reworked where needed the hill/slope along the freeway and all surrounding stuff, fixed csm+ grass csm, added basic vt suff along it, left to add trees bushes/tested
Important: Mandatory profile deletion
Build 634 (06/01/14, Team Member+) – 11.6 MB
* Implemented the Authentication::Login method on Xbox One – for now it brings up the Xbox UI Account Picker menu.
* Fixed wrong controller checked for signed-in user on Xbox One.
* FC Tires: R4, R5 and default setup changed
* Vintage Tires: R5, SLO A/B/C