Good news for Xbox One owners of Project CARS as the 6.0 update now heads to Microsoft's consoles slightly earlier than expected.
The 6.0 update which was recently released for the PC and Playstation 4 versions, now brings not only many fixes, but new features too to the Xbox One version of Project CARS. There's new online functions which grants server hosts the ability to kick players off their servers, a mandatory pitting option, an "allow ghosted vehicle" option, the ability to set race length by time and more.
The 6.0 update also sees many improvements and fixes made to the game's career mode, tracks, vehicles, physics and AI as well as the GUI and HUD and other general fixes which all enhance the experience.
You can see the full changelog for the 6.0 update for Project CARS on the Xbox One console below.
Help TeamVVV grow by supporting us on Patreon: www.patreon.com/TeamVVV.
Project CARS – Xbox One Patch 6.0 – Release notes
• NEW – mandatory pit stop option. The Lobby admin can opt to force a single pitstop during any race.
• NEW – ‘Allow Ghosted Vehicles’ option added so that the lobby admin can decide if he wants vehicles ghosted or not when they drive the wrong way.
• Fixed an exploit where a player could be awarded a win by jumping the start.
• Fixed an issue where, if Forced Default Setup is used, the pit crew would not change tyres until they’re completely worn. The tyres will now be changed when at least one tyre is worn down by 25% or more.
• Fixed a bug where AI opponents would attempt to use DLC cars that are not installed.
• DLC Career contract emails earned while a DLC was installed, are no longer shown if DLC is then uninstalled.
• Fixed an issue where the Modified Cars Pack and Limited Edition DLC Invitationals and Accolades were visible for players who do not own these DLC packs. Entering these invitational events would cause the player and AI to be in non-matching vehicles.
• Fixed an issue where changes made to Gamepad Advanced Options were not saved.
• Le Mans – adjusted the 55th garage spot to correct an issue where the cars would hit the pit wall on exiting this spot.
• Road America – pre-race camera tweaked to prevent the camera from clipping with the ground.
• Mojave – all layouts – fixed an issue with floating tyre skid marks, fixed an issue with rain being visible inside tunnels, and placed visible barriers in areas where the player is not allowed to drive.
• Ruf CTR3 SMS-R – increased default tire pressure to work better with tire warmers.
Physics & AI
• Tyre updates – fixed an issue on several tyres to prevent FFB buzz when tread becomes worn very thin, re-calibrated most tyres for a carcass heating fix when the tyres are underinflated, adjusted wear rates on GT3, Group C, Trans-Am/GTO, DTM, and LMP rubber.
GUI & HUD
• Improved the French translations for some of the items in the vehicle setup screens.
• Improved Race Central screen – better balanced background image, removed gradient in top-right corner.
• Fixed an issue where ‘Invert Camera Y Axis’ text was being displayed as ‘Automatic Clutch’.
• Driver name tags above cars can now be turned on for replays.
• Improved Helmet view exposure for historic drivers.
• Fixed an issue where the game failed to display the account picker if the user resumed the game without signing into a profile after instant-on.