Game: Project CARS 2
Publisher: Bandai Namco
Release Date: 22/09/2017
It's fair to say that the highly anticipated racing simulation Project CARS 2 hasn't had the smoothest of releases so far. The original game was notoriously bug-ridden when it was initially released. Slightly Mad Studios insisted that the sequel won't suffer the same fate and won't be plagued with bugs, but history has unfortunately repeated itself.
Since its release last month, players have been reporting numerous issues, from graphical glitches, to career progress save issues. A lot of complaints have also centered on the game's AI. Sometimes you can have engrossing races with reactive opponents. Other times, they will slam into you on the starting grid for no reason or crash on the same corner and cause massive pileups. Toggling the difficulty sometimes doesn't have any effect either. It took the shine off what is otherwise a superb racing simulation.
Fortunately, Slightly Mad Studios has been hard at work addressing these problems, and has deployed a massive 2.0 patch on PS4 that claims to fix a lot of these issues. Weighing in at 6.7 GB, it's already been available for PC for a few weeks, while an Xbox One release is said to be "imminent". Among the myriad improvements include tweaked AI behaviour, an improved driving line assist, and enhancements to the multiplayer and lobby handling.
Here's the full change list for Project CARS 2 patch 2.0:
• Improved driving line assist.
• Multiple improvements and enhancements to multiplayer, and lobby handling.
• Improvements and enhancements to replays and replay cameras.
• Improvements, enhancements and fixes to Career flow.
• Tweaks and fixes to Achievement / Trophy unlock logic.
• Improved default assists for gamepad users.
• Fixes and improvements to ICM appearance and functionality.
• Fixes and improvements to certain weather / tyre combinations.
• Myriad render and performance tweaks and improvements.
Let us know if you've noticed any improvements in the Project CARS 2 2.0 patch.