The Pagani Huayra supercar has arrived in Assetto Corsa, courtesy of the latest update for the Steam Early Access driving title.
Whilst the Huayra is the only noteworthy content addition in the V.0.7.5 patch, its inclusion does now mean Assetto Corsa's full assortment of licenced Paganis are now featured in the work-in-progress racing game.
Developer Kunos Simulazioni is also confident its close co-operation with the Pagani R&D department ensures its version of the Huayra is the most accurate and realistic in any driving simulation game to date – for instance, all the in-game coding for the car's bodywork, active aero algorithms, suspension kinematics and turbocharger spooling simulation have all been sourced from official Pagani development data.
Alongside the headline-grabbing Huayra announcement, an array of minor tweaks and bug fixes have been made to Assetto Corsa in the new update, with adjustments to the AI's and user interface being the most cited examples in the official release text.
Kunos Simulazioni concluded the announcement by revealing it's currently working on "bigger and more complex tasks", with the hope of the retail-ready V.1.0 version of Assetto Corsa being ready for release "soon enough".
A full list of fixes and updates for the Assetto Corsa V.0.7.5 update build can be found in the official change log notes in the list below:
- Pagani Huayra new car (turbo related sounds still wip)
- TC now does not engadge until a car specific speed when launching from stand still
- Aero fixes for Lotus Exos T125, corrects nose up excessive top speed
- Option for player selective collisions. A small workaround until we properly fix the AI.
- Collisions only occur around a small distance from the player. All other cars do not collide,
- limiting CPU occupation
- Fixed replay audio bug
- Fixed GUI on some apps
- Fixed race output
- New APP :: Track Description
- New APP :: Real Time X360 car controls debug
- Damage OFF option
- Fixed some glitches in mirror rendering
- Improved CPU performance on Monza
- Reduced launcher RAM and VRAM consumption while the simulator is active.
- Added French translation.
- Collision fixes at Monza and Silverstone gp
- Physical mesh at Silverstone gp more detailed.
- Fixed Concrete size at S-Schumacher, Nurburgring GP
- The launcher now keeps a rotating backup store of the local database (found in
- DocumentsAssetto Corsalauncherdatabackups)