A number of new features are heading to Xbox and Xbox Live in the coming months. As part of its E3 press confrence Microsoft revealed its rollout plans of what consumers can expect from thier online service going forwad this year. "Listening to your feedback is one of the most important things we do" Mike Ybara, Head of Platfrom Engineering, told the LA audience as he took to the stage upcoming improvements to the system. Beginning this summer the improvements will include:
- Background Music – Listen to your own music choice while playing.
- Language Region Independence – Allowing players to select the language of choice for their console regardless of where they bought it.
- Cortana – The Microsoft voice activated personal assistant now arrives on Xbox to replace the previous voice command options.
- Update to Xbox App for iOS and Android – No longer smart glass branded but more in keeping with the Microsoft Windows 10 model, the app update bring easier access to messages, notifications and media controls for the console.
Ybara also confirmed further updates will be out later this fall will bring these additional features:
- Clubs – Communites within Xbox Live for the different intrests and games you enjoy playing
- Looking for Group – Described as a "wanted ad for multiplayer" this feature aims to allow players to easily advertise and find other gamers who want to play the same game/game mode as you.
- Arena – a new tournament paltform for the ecosystem allowing players of different skill levels to compete in gaming tournaments for a variety of different partners.
Keep your eyes on Team VVV and we'll bring you more news on when these release dates are due to hit your console when we hear it.