We're just over a month away from the highly anticipated release of Codemaster's new action-packed arcade racer Onrush. As the release draws closer, a new trailer has been released outlining the multiple vehicle classes that will be available in the game.
In total, eight classes will be available in Onrush, each with different advantages and abilities offering a different racing experience. The Interceptor, for example, is built to take down opponents, while the Dynamo can support your team by dropping boost pickups and stealing boost from rivals. In multiplayer matches, mixing these classes together should encourage tactical teamwork.
The trailer should give you a better idea of what Onrush is all about. Codemasters is certainly aiming to break conventions with its new IP – this is not a racing game with traditional finish lines. Instead, the gameplay is team-based with a focus on takedowns, completing objectives, and keeping you in the midst of the action at all times.
Here's a complete breakdown of all vehicle classes and their traits and abilities:
– Crashbang: Your Tombstones are blinding when collected by opponents
– Slam: Heavy landings trigger a shockwave that makes nearby enemies vulnerable
– Touchdown: Timed boost landings are more effective
– Airstrike: Improved magnetism on in-air attacks
– Surge: Initial boost usage is more powerful but more costly
– Restock: Drop boost pick-ups for your team when you boost
– Shield: Give nearby teammates a shield that offers protection from big hits
– Shutdown: Hit opponents to temporarily disable their boost
– Bully: Earn RUSH directly from taking down fodder
Onrush will be smashing onto PS4 and Xbox One on June 5th.