Developers Microids and Artefacts Studios have revealed that their upcoming arcade racer Moto Racer 4 will be compatible with Sony's PlayStation VR headset.
The exciting and unexpected news was confirmed in a new trailer as seen below.
Moto Racer will once again revive the old formula from previous Moto Racer games (which have accumulated over 7 million copies in sales) over the years with the action taking place not only on dirt but also on traffic dense motorways.
So far we know the title will feature a career mode along with single player and time trials modes. There's online and split screen multiplayer, vehicle and rider customisation, and a choice of a number of characters each having a different personality and behaviour.
The developers revealed some of the game's mode earlier this year, details can be seen below. Moto Racer 4 is currently on course for release on October 13 for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC and Mac.
Moto Racer will be presented to the media at E3 so we can expect to hear more details and hopefully see some actual gameplay footage soon.
Support TeamVVV on Patreon: www.patreon.com/TeamVVV.
Moto Racer's confirmed game modes so far (more to come)
– KING OF THE HILL: Each rider starts with the same time on the clock. While time runs down for the leader, the other racers get extra turbo. The first player to get their counter down to zero wins the race.
– LAST MAN STANDING: The last player to pass each checkpoint is eliminated.
– SURVIVAL: The race starts with very little time on the clock. Players gain time by passing the checkpoints. In single-player mode, the aim is to survive for a specific length of time. In multi-player mode, the winner is the last player with time left on their clock.
– CATCH-UP: The player's opponents begin the race with a headstart and the player must be in first place at a specific time.
– WOLF PACK: The player begins the race with a headstart and must maintain it for a certain length of time without being overtaken.
– GHOST BIKE: The player starts the race in last place and is not allowed to deviate from the road or collide with others. S/he must finish in a specified minimum place.
– GOLDEN HELMET: Competitors must earn the one golden helmet up for grabs during therace. To do this, they must be first past the initial checkpoint. If the player wearing the golden helmet is knocked by another player, s/he surrenders it to that player. If a player falls off their bike, s/he loses the helmet and it is automatically sent to the next checkpoint.