Mercedes-Benz's gullwinged supercar is now available in the Assetto Corsa Early Access beta, courtesy of developer Kunos's latest update for the title.
Accompanying the SLS AMG content-wise in the update are an all-new track for the PC racing sim – the shortened 'Sprint' version of the Nurburgring GP circuit – along with a new intro video in the form of the SLS AMG trailer embedded below.
The '0.22' build also brought an array of improvements to the still-in-development sim racer, ranging from new tyre simulation models and revised force feedback to updates to the AI programming.
A full changelog can be found in the official patch notes below:
- In-game apps must now be enabled in the game’s launcher under Options > General – Added new car Mercedes SLS
- Added new track Nurburgring Sprint
- Tyre model modifications, more direct and “alive” FFB on all cars. We advice less FF “effects”
- AI modifications for Mercedes SLS AMG & McLaren MP4 12C street
- fixed drag race
- All cars with H pattern manual gearbox, when used with paddles, can now enable autocut-off autoblip assist properly. The timings are slower than what you can achieve with an H shifter hardware.
- Fixed multiplayer leaderboard logic
- Fixed bugs in multiplayer GUI
- Overlay leaderboard implemented (Press F9 to cycle between 4 different modes)
- Fixed horn & lights in multiplayer
- Graphics & CPU Performance improvements
- Multiplayer Blacklist system improved
- Intro video at first launch, possible to disable it from options
- Replay Size reduced
- Replay frame interpolation improved
- Time Attack : fixed crash when trying to load open tracks & lap estimation formula improved
- Setup Force Feedback setting page improved
- ksEditor : notify when skinned mesh is imported with a wrong scale
- ksEditor : fixed IN/OUT camera normalized start-end position not rendering on spline during camera editing
- Fixed small random flashes during gameplay
- Added dedicated leaderboard APP
- Updated TAB key ingame leaderboard with a new look and functions
- Skidmarks start shape fixed and rendering is now faster
- Python apps can be enabled / disabled from the launcher
- Fixed bug “return to pits and lap counting in some special cases”
- Added Python camera control
- Fixed tyres jittering at low speeds
- Fixed missing wheels when AI car brake its engine and goes to pits
- Physics related rules : now cars must respect their defined set of rules in order to run on the track
- Track cameras now place the car in the middle of the screen
- Post Process App selector : fixed loading of default ppEffects.ini
- AI improvements
- Improved Drag AI
- Skidmarks are now disabled when setting World Detail to minimum
- Dynamic track randomness now less pronounced
We've partnered up with PC Specialist to bring you a range of Team VVV-endorsed computer builds, engineered specifically to get the most out of your favourite racing games. To see the full system line-up, visit the PC Specialist website here.