Indie development studio VooFoo has released the very first two DLC packs for their old-school inspired racer Mantis Burn Racing.
The “Snowbound Pack” and “Elite Class” DLC packs, available across the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC, offer two very different experiences. The free-to-download Snowbound Pack brings with it a snow-themed environment complete with four tracks. Its arrival actually extends the game’s career mode with an additional 34 events thanks to the newly added season 2 and 3 segments of the Veteran Class.
The second pack adds a new class of three Elite vehicles to the title, and as you might expect, these are very fast indeed. The Elite Class DLC will see you racing futuristic vehicles which utilise powerful turbines which enables them to effectively hover over the track’s surface. These of course largely nullifies any friction with the track itself meaning there are less affected by the track surface.
The Elite Class vehicles can be used to play in any one of the 12 Elite events in the career mode which are unlocked once you’ve purchased the DLC pack which costs £1.99.
Finally, a new patch has also been deployed for the top-down racer which brings new features to the title including the new “Time Out” event and the ability to tune engine upgrades. You can view the full list of changes and additions in the patch notes below.
• New ‘Time Out’ event added. Be the last player still moving in a race against the clock
• Leader boards can now be filtered to show just friends
• Game settings now selectable from the online lobby screen
• Players points now shown in local multiplayer as well as online
• Overhauled in-game audio
• Frame rate improvements for split screen play on PS4 Pro
• Tutorial added for Spotlight event
• Three gear award now displays correctly on a league event post-race screen
• Fix for an issue with weekly Overtake challenges
• General bug fixes and polish