Forza Motorsport 5's Hot Wheels Car Pack has been released on the Xbox Games Store, rounding off the Xbox One-exclusive's monthly DLC releases.
Created in collaboration with the famous die-cast car model maker, this final Car Pack for Forza Motorsport 5 brings ten additional autos to the title, seven of which are brand new to the Forza franchise.
Owners of the game's "Car Pass" season pass will automatically recieve the Hot Wheels Pack upon booting up Forza Motorsport 5, whereas 'regular' owners will have to fork out $9.99 for the additional content.
The cars included in the Hot Wheels bundle are:
- 1939 Auto Union Type D – The last of Auto Union's dominant "Silver Arrow" pre-war single-seaters. Grand Prix cars would never be faster until F1 went turbo-crazy in the Eighties.
- 1952 Ferrari 375 – Had Alberto Ascari not spun out on Lap 40, this would have been the first Italian car to win the Indy 500
- 1956 Ford F100 – One of Ford's many F-series pick-up trucks, and – in this guise, at least – perhaps the coolest of the lot
- 1968 Lotus 49 – One of Formula One's most famous and ground-breaking cars. Managed to win both the Drivers' and Constructors' championships in '68, despite the tragic death of Jim Clark earlier that year.
- 1973 Ford XB Falcon GT – Essentially the Aussie market's equivalent of the iconic 'Stang. Expect to see loads of Mad Max-inspired paint schemes when racing against these Aussie brutes online
- 1974 Toyota Celica GT – The first-generation version of Toyota's compact sports coupe. Can kinda see why many think it's a Ford Mustang copycat design-wise…
- 1983 GMC Vandura G-1500 – Not exactly track special material, but who cares when it means you can now create a next-gen replica of Mr T's company car in Forza Motorsport 5?
- 2013 Lamborghini Veneno – An outlandish, limited-run supercar based upon the Aventador halo model. Also making it's racing game debut through the Hot Wheels Car Pack
- 2013 Mazda (Andretti Autosport) USF2000 – An entry-level single-seater competiton car, often fielded in IndyCar support events. Essentially, then, the US equivalent of our British Formula Ford racers
- 2015 Audi S3 Sedan – Sporty looks, good performance, 300 turbocharged horsepowers…and still no-where near as cool as an Ur-Quattro
Whilst the Hot Wheels Pack is officially the final monthly DLC release for Forza Motorsport 5, developer Turn 10 Studios has confirmed additional content for the game will be "coming your way in the weeks and months ahead".