The free Series 3 update for Forza Horizon 4 is now available and adds a host of new additions including new wheels to new racing events in the Horizon Racing Cup, as well as new painting and upgrade options.
The new advanced car painting options have been added to a number of cars including the 2011 Bugatti Veyron Super Sport and allows players the ability to paint subsections of wheel rims and easier methods to paint sub-groups. The update also includes as many as 41 new wheel rims across 22 wheel manufacturers all found in the upgrade garage.
The Horizon Racing Cup Horizon Festival challenges you to win 12 seasonal championships with millions of credits up for grabs.
Besides the above, players can participate in new seasonal new events, and have access to new cars, and new content. Four new exclusive cars, along with eight brand new cars will be available for Car Pass owners.
The Series 3 update also includes the ability to bulk add DLC cars to the player garage, the ability to skip the post-race reward sequence, as well as numerous fixes and improvements to the game as seen in the changelog below.
- PC: 1.216.279.2
- Xbox: 1.216.279.0
- Implemented multi-material color selection for a number of cars and rims, as well as adding in a number of new to Horizon rims.
- Added the ability to bulk add DLC cars to the player garage.
Cross Platform Fixes
- Fixed an issue where Xbox Game Pass holders were not entitled to the Formula Drift pack.
- Fixed an issue where players would not receive rewards for completing a seasonal PR stunt they already completed.
- Fixed an issue where some players were not receiving double #Forzathon points after re-purchasing Lake Lodge.
- Improved UI to make it clearer when players are earning double #Forzathon points.
- Fixed an issue to keep players grouped together after finishing a #Forzathon Live Event.
- Fixed an issue with Route Blueprint where the player was placed at the incorrect finish point after completing a custom route.
- Fixed the camera issues caused by rewinding immediately after placing a checkpoint in Route Blueprint.
- Fixed an issue in Route Blueprint where players could run out of checkpoints preventing them from being able to finish route creation.
- Added information to the Route Blueprint UI to show how many checkpoints have been placed, and how many are left to be placed.
- Fixed an exploit in Route Blueprint for farming Pass Skills from AI cars.
- Fixed an exploit that allowed players to enter Rivals events in cars which did not match the restrictions.
- Fixed an issue where players in Private Adventures were able to select cars which did not meet the restrictions.
- Fixed an issue where players would sometimes be unable to navigate up and down on the vinyl select screen in the Livery Editor.
- Reduced the cost of some engine swap upgrades.
- Fixed an exploit to extend the length of Skill Songs.
- Fixed an issue where Car Pass ‘New Cars’ game alert would appear too early.
- Fixed an issue where only one player on a team would receive the award from the Trial and Seasonal Championships.
- Fixed an issue in co-op Showcases where pausing the game would prevent opponents from moving.
- Added the ability to skip forward during post-race sequences.
- Added notifications to show when the players is connecting to Horizon Life post event.
- Fixed an issue with civilian traffic not appearing in Horizon Live.
- Various stability fixes.
- Fixed an issue that was preventing players from being able to delete custom wheel settings.
- No Xbox-specific fixes.