Forza Horizon 4‘s “Series 6” update is here bringing with it another season change, brand new racing events, new Car Pass vehicles and more besides.
The Series 6 update introduces a new Story series (which is available at level 60) where you’ll be answering some questions such as “Just how fast can you drive an EB110 while NOT hitting anything?” or “How much can one hoon in a railyard?” – you know, life’s usual quandaries.
The update also adds the new Seasonal Playground Games feature which lets you drive up to an event, sign up, and get matched across the community. Playground Games has added some new prizes too including the Volkswagen Global Rallycross, the Hot Wheels Boneshaker, the Lotus 2-Eleven, and a Super Wheelspin to boot.
The Series 6 update also provides the very last set of cars coming to the Forza Horizon 4 Car Pass. Included is the 1959 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible, the 1994 Honda Prelude Si, the 1994 Nissan Fairlady Z Version S Twin Turbo, and the 2018 TVR Griffith.
The development team are also adding new reward cars with the 2001 TVR Tuscan S and two Quartz Regalia models, including the new-to-Forza Regalia Type D up for grabs.
You can view the full list of changes in the patch notes below.
This update adds a new Horizon Story to the game, available at level 60, close to the Stone Circle. Jaimin needs to help with difficult problems like “What is the best SUV?” and “Just how fast can you drive an EB110 while NOT hitting anything?” and the question that has vexed the greatest thinkers throughout the ages “Just how much can you hoon in a railyard?”
SEASONAL PLAYGROUND GAMES
Compete in the all-new Seasonal Playground games to unlock the Global Rallycross VW, the Hotwheels Boneshaker, the Lotus 2-Eleven and a Super Wheelspin.
SEASONAL STREET RACES
Street Scene joins the Seasonal event rotation with Street Race Seasonal Championships, offering great rewards, including Ken Block loot!
- Various stability improvements
- Fixed an issue where players were unable to access set up manager during from the pre-race menu of a solo event
- Players in solo Horizon Stories can now see their score in the post-race flow
- Fixed an issue where the British Racing Green UI would show the wrong targets for multiple chapters
- Fixed an issue where the World’s Fastest Rentals UI would show the wrong targets for multiple chapters
- Fixed an issue where the LaRacer @ Horizon UI would show the wrong targets for multiple chapters
- Fixed an issue in Chapter 10 of Isha’s Taxis where convoy members were kicked back to freeroam after phase 1
- Improved UI in all Horizon Stories, so now next available star target score is visible
- Added functionality to view Horizon Story leader boards from the chapter select screen
- Fixed an issue with a specific tune on the Horizon Edition Caterham that would cause graphical corruption of the vehicle
- Improved AI behavior during custom routes
- Fixed an issue where audio SFX would hang during gameplay
- Fixed an issue where the tram in Edinburgh would appear to shake whilst moving
- Fixed an issue where players were forced into using a super wheelspin upon leveling up if one was available
- Fixed an issue where audio could be delayed when travelling to Fortune Island
- Improved server migration times to help maintain fuller game servers
- Fixed an issue where selecting a custom route from the creative hub via Rivals caused a hard lock
- Fixed an issue where severely damaging the Hillman Imp would cause framerate issues
- Improved FFB by reducing the jolts coming from big load spikes when driving off road
- Fixed an issue where there was no music during the initial drive on Fortune Island