The first expansion pack for Forza Horizon 3 has been fully revealed, ahead of the DLC's official release on 13th December 2016.
Dubbed the 'Blizzard Mountain' expansion, and hinted at earlier in November 2016, this new piece of downloadable content introduces a new snow-based location, events and cars to the open world racing game.
For instance, more than 50 race events as part of a 'King Of The Mountain' career mode of sorts, including hill climbs, hill descents and a 'Blizzard' event type that's presumably similar to the storm-based 'Gauntlet' cross country events that were featured in Forza Horizon 2's Storm Island expansion.
New cars are also included in the Blizzard Mountain DLC, ranging from Ken Block's Ford Focus RS Gymkhana car that was previously confirmed for eventual inclusion to Forza Horizon 3, to classic rally cars, off-road-ready pick-up trucks and an as-yet-unidentified new barn find vehicle.
The full list of cars included in the Blizzard Expansion (bar the mystery barn find) have been detailed below:
- 1965 Ford F-100 Abatti Racing Trophy Truck – A long way from the Baja races it's associated with, yes, but don't rule out this 'Hay Hauler' Ford flat bed's chances on the snowy mountain range just yet.
- 1975 Lancia Stratos HF Group 4 – Does this legend of motorsport really need an introduction?
- 1985 Lancia Delta S4 Group B – Looks like the Audi Quattro S1's status as Forza's fastest and wildest stock Group B car has now come to an abrupt, Delta S4-shaped end!
- 2016 Ford Focus RS RX – It'll be interesting to see if this fast Ford Focus is at home on alpine hill climbs as it seemingly was sliding around an industrial park in New York…
- 2016 Nissan Titan Warrior Concept – An off-road ready pick-up with more torque than a Pagani Huayra. How can anyone not be excited by that?
- 2016 RJ Anderson Polaris RZR-Rockster Energy Pro 2 Truck – Don't be fooled by the name: this RZR is a far different beast to the Polaris buggies that are currently available in Forza Horizon 3.
- 2016 Subaru WRX STI VT15r Rally Car – A potentially perfect tool in which to tackle the base game's dirt routes, once you're finished using the VT15r to conquer the Blizzard Mountain events.
winter tyres to their cars, in order to ensure their vehicles are as competitive in the slippery conditions as possible.
Rounding off the announcement was the confirmation that the Blizzard Mountain expansion pack will come with 28 new achievements for players to unlock, adding another 500 Gamerscore to the 1000G attainable in the base Forza Horizon 3 game.
No pricing details or additional media assets were released in conjunction with this new announcement – suggesting prices and material like official trailers won't be showcased until the Blizzard Mountain DLC's official launch on 13th December 2016.
Support Team VVV on Patreon: www.patreon.com/TeamVVV