The second major patch for Gran Turismo 6 has just gone live, adding new features to the PlayStation 3 exclusive's game modes.
Headlining the 'V1.02' update is the inclusion of an all-new series of events dubbed the 'Red Bull X Challenge': with the virtual help from tutorials by four-time Formula One champion Sebastian Vettel, players will learn the art of controlling downforce-centric cars with the 'Red Bull Racing Kart' and the 'X2014 Junior' single seater racing cars.
Only two 'X Challenge' events are currently featured, though Polyphony Digital assures us that at least two more (featuring the 'X2014 Standard' and 'X2014 Fan Car' racers that were announced at Gran Turismo 6's launch event earlier this year) will be added to the game at a later date in the New Year.
Other revisions to the game mainly concern Gran Turismo 6's economy – not only have race payouts been increased in the new patch, but – with the return of Gran Turismo 5's consecutive Login Bonus – players can now potentially double their prize winnings in the single-player career mode.
Rounding off the announcement is the confirmation of upcoming Seasonal Events with increased prize money payouts and (depending on the event) prize car rewards, and European players who participated in the GT Academy 2013 demo being gifted the Nissan GT-R N24 racing car in-game.
The full patch notes have been paraphrased below. We'll be keeping this post update should we encounter any unnanounced changes in Gran Turismo 6:
- First three Red Bull X Challenge modes added
- Red Bull Racing Kart and X2014 Junior available in 'Gran Turismo' dealership
- Login Bonus returns from Gran Turismo 5 – signing in for consecutive days increases credit payouts by 110% on first day, 130% on second day, 140% on third day, and 200% on fifth day (figure for fourth day not mentioned in statement)
- Credits in career mode increased – up to 110% in National B races to 170% in Super races
- Access to Seasonal Events lowered – completion of National B licence in single player (was previously National A)
- More Seasonal Events incoming – to feature vast in-game Credit payouts and, in some cases, reward cars
- Patch size – 1,225MB (approx 1.2GB)