Assetto Corsa's most substantial update to date has launched, with the release of the much-anticipated Dream Pack Expansion and V1.1 update.
The Dream Pack adds ten drool-worthy cars, as voted by the community:
- Alfa Romeo GTA
- Alfa Romeo 155 V6 TI
- Alfa Romeo 4C
- BMW M235i Racing
- Corvette C7.r GTE
- McLaren F1 GTR
- McLaren P1
- Mercedes-Benz Sauber C9
- Mercedes-Benz 190 E 2.5-16 Evolution II DTM
- NISSAN GT-R NISMO GT3 2014.
The Nürburgring Nordschleife also makes its debut in the Assetto Corsa Dream Pack. Meticulously laser-scanned by Kunos Simulazioni, it is available in three configurations:
“Nordschleife” layout is the one often used by the car manufacturers for their private tests or when they try to do a new lap record. This is the best layout to try a “time attack”. Assetto Corsa also permits races in “Nordschleife” layout, with a starting grid optimally positioned after turn “T13′′.
“Endurance” is the official 24Hours configuration that is held every year. Includes the Nordschleife (north loop) as well as part of the NürburgringGP circuit. Assetto Corsa permits races in this layout with a starting grid right at the NürburgringGP main straight, as well as the Grand Prix pit boxes.
“Touristenfahrten” is the most known and beloved configuration by all trackday and motorsports fans. Driving through the “Park” to enter the circuit towards the end of the famous long uphill straight of “döttinger höhe” and then, after a whole lap, exiting again following the indications for the parking lot. To let you experience the best virtual track day, we created this dedicated layout that is available in practice and multiplayer sessions and takes laptimes from the first lap under the bridge, until the structure at the start of the long straight of “döttinger höhe”. Just as in real life!
Alan will be putting some of the Dream Pack Cars through their paces in some upcoming video content. In the meantime, watch him get back into Assetto Corsa in a Lotus 125:
In addition, the mammoth V1.1 update adds a raft of new features and bug fixes, including improvements to the graphics, AI and car damage, ton ame a few. Take a breath and scroll down for the complete changelog.
Changelog Assetto Corsa 1.1
– Added ai-hints
– Added Kick Quorum to the server
– Fixed traction control sound events
– Improved sound dynamics under load for some cars
– Launcher default theme: personal best time grid filtering by car/track added
– Fixed missing sound events
– Reworked envelopment for interior and exterior sounds
– Fixed tyre fake shadows in slowmo replay
– Added custom head movements per car (driver3d.ini)
– Added custom weather selection
– Rendering performance optimizations
– Render Stats form now features units
– Added quality settings to replay that allow up to 4x longer replays
– Fixed camera car not using FOV value
– Updated FMod to 1.05.13
– Tweaked exterior reverb parameters
– Improved positional surface sounds
– Fixed doppler effect for rev limiter and horn
– AI race starts greatly improved
– Fixed graphics not following dynamic track grip levels in Multiplayer
– FPS caps is now compatible with the new 1ms resolution timer
– UI now understand fuel range relative to car and track and adjust maximum race lap count automatically for quick races and race weekends against the AI
– Added live axle suspension geometry
– AC now support multiple configurations on circuits
– Tyre pressures can now be shown in digital_instruments.ini
– Time Attack now has a global multiplier that controls the amount of time available for the first checkpoint.
– Chat window now supports full Unicode charset