Video suggestion: Controller support. - Team VVV
Home » Topics » Racing Gaming » Video suggestion: Controller support.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    TylerDurden4321TylerDurden4321
    Participant

Hey Team VVV members,

A year ago I made a short and simple YouTube video about how well Assetto Corsa Competizione drives with a controller. No voice over, 2 or 3 sentences of explanation text, that’s all.

It’s by far the most watched video on my channel, but I don’t have time to maintain the feedback and comments and make updates to it.

So, I thought of you guys. You’re the only somewhat professional YouTube channel that plays all kinds of racing games with all kinds of control devices. Maybe you should make a small video series that gives buying advice with some footage on how well a game is playable with a controller. Is it too stable, can you correct slides, is the steering notchy, does it support rumble (on triggers too?), how does the on-screen steering wheel react and how does it compare to playing it with a wheel and FFB support. Also: What tweaks can be made to the controller inputs (“what does sensitivity mean”, “what is gamma”, “what is smoothing” etc., maybe with a stable and faster but more difficult controller setup).

I bet tons of people would watch it. Many felt burned with pCARS1’s out-of-the-box controls and are now weary to buy another sim or any game even that most pro players play with a steering wheel.

Visiting older games and giving them grades on controller play vs. FFB-wheel play would also be fascinating to me as I think that FFB-support made a big step at the time of Assetto Corsa and DiRT Rally 1 Early Access. I might be completely wrong though.

Alan BoistonAlan Boiston
    Keymaster

Sounds good to me Tyler.

I guess we need a list of titles to consider starting on then build a series, can you pop me a link to your video here?

Thanks for posting btw, I know its been a bit quiet here but that all change in the next 2-3 weeks, some series work starting again to build this community.

Participant

It’s really nothing special, just a few laps.

I made it as a reply to a ResetEra user asking about controller handling in ACC, thought it would get 20 views or so.
    It has 2800 now (I know it’s not really much, but it’s also not a great video and I have less than 20 channel subscribers).

Alan BoistonAlan Boiston
    Keymaster

Thanks Tyler, I’ll have a look and put together a few ideas on how we can do this. Might share the odd test video here.

Participant

Cool

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.