New Member Bio - Team VVV
Home » Topics » F.A.Q. » New Member Bio
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    TinTopRacing16
    Participant

Hi all,
    Firstly, thanks to Alan and all the guy’s @VVV who have made this amazing new website. The content, design and ease of access makes it appealing & welcoming.

I have been a gamer since the late 80’s when I was just a little boy. The days of Sega Master System, Atari, Commodore 64 etc.

I have been a fan of racing games since the launch of Toca 1 on PS1 back in ’97 which subsequently got me hooked on the British Touring Car Championship (BTCC). I play most racing title’s across several disciplines but my favourite has to be rally! The focus & control you need is challenging & rewarding, especially of you finish a stage in one piece!.

Randomly came across Team VVV’s videos in 2011 and my earliest memory is when Alan covered Driver San Francisco. The in depth interviews & the hands-on footage convinced me to buy the game straight away & I have continued to base my purchases on the teams video’s ever since.

I’m an avid PS4 gamer, but I do dabble in PC gaming occasionally.
    Steering wheel setup T300/T3PA/TH8A mounted on a Wheel Stand Pro.
    I’ll happily play most game types across any genre when not racing.
    Away from gaming I am a very amateur Motorsport photographer usually found at a BTCC weekend.

I look forward to regularly visiting this site and joining in the forum discussion’s

TinTopRacing16

Alan BoistonAlan Boiston
    Keymaster

Hi Matt,

Welcome to the site and a big thanks, glad you like it and great to hear of your gaming experience. I remember TOCA having that incredibly realistic audio at the time, especially when stones hit the car, alas it ll looks a bit shoddy these days.

Yes, Driver SF was a great game, amazing multiplayer modes and hugely underrated. Looking back you had an open world game at 60fps with loads of detail and such ambition to the gameplay. The game is ripe for an HD rel-release on a future format, keep the same modes and bring is back Ubisoft!

What are you playing at the moment? Oh and do share some of your motorsport photos from time to time.

TinTopRacing16
    Participant

Hi Alan,

A Driver SF re-release would certainly be a great addition to the latest gen catalogue of game’s.
    The original Driver remastered would be very welcome too!

Currently between several games at the moment.
    I am part of a small racing community on FB and we hold regular event’s for most days such as F1 championships, PCars2 Endurance & DiRT nights!
    Not racing related, but Red Dead Redemption 2 will be my next game purchase.

Happy to share some Motorsport pic’s from time to time & on that note I have to say photo modes in games really do help you understand more of what a camera can do, how settings work etc.

I am headed to Snetterton Circuit this weekend for the British Truck Racing, Dunlop Britcar Endurance & many more support race’s. Hoping the weather stays nice & dry. Knockhill 2 weeks ago was an absolute washout for the BTCC!

Keep up the great work and I’ll check back to the site soon.

Alan BoistonAlan Boiston
    Keymaster

Thanks Matt, does your FB group make videos of those races?

RDR2 will be awesome!

Yes, photomodes help with getting angles on cars,really helped me, all about getting the profile of a car and at race tracks you just need lots of zoom to get those angles.

Sounds like you have a fun few days of racing ahead, keep us posted in the Motorsport section.

Kevin DooleyKevin Dooley
    Keymaster

Hi TinTop! Nice to have some long-time members on here, I probably came across Team VVV around the same time 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.