Mercedes-Benz EQ C previews - Team VVV
Home » Topics » Off Topic » Mercedes-Benz EQ C previews
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    TanoopTanoop
    Participant

So as you all know there are some car events going on. What caught my eye is the Mercedes-Benz EQ C which is the Mercedes first fully electric car, and I am hoping that the car looks attractive. At the moment I am not a fan on how these cars look and they don’t look “sexy” enough. What would be interesting to know is what people’s thoughts are on electric cars. If you had the money would you get one??

Tim GoodchildTim Goodchild

Pure electric? Probably not. Hybrid, definitely. My hesitancy on pure electric is the speed in which it takes to charge – we need batteries to fully charge in the same time it takes to fill up a tank of petrol – achieve that, then it would be a tough argument to claim fully electric if wrong. Ideally I’d like to get a hybrid car as my next choice.

EarlEarl
    Participant

I’m actually genuinely considering a fully electric car. They are starting to put restrictions on fuel cars where I live, including days where there are zones you cannot drive in at all. As Tim says though, I’m concerned about the charging logistics…

For now, I’ve been using those cars that are parked on the street, that you use your mobile phone to unlock and pay by the minute.

TanoopTanoop
    Participant

Sorry not been active as I have been away but from what I have seen I really like this car, What is really interesting is the wireless charging this car does over a point. So you can park it anywhere and if it has this charging point then the car will remain to be topped up. I think that is genius and far better than plugging it in. However, I am not sure how fast that would charge overall. I have been reading that wireless charging is getting better over time. Wireless Electricity is something that excites me and I am looking forwards to this technology to get better and faster whilst devices use less power over the years to come. Yes we are far away from it all but it looks cool!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.