Gaming is all about war, fighting and bleak dystopian futures...! - Team VVV
Home » Topics » General Gaming » Gaming is all about war, fighting and bleak dystopian futures…!
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Tim GoodchildTim Goodchild

Most weekends I’ll have a wander around the shops at some point and more often than not that will include popping into GAME. On a recent visit I struggled to find anything that wasn’t linked to war or fighting or set in a dystopian setting in some way. Has gaming become so boring now that outside of sports and racing, games are so generic in how it gets players engaged?

Alan BoistonAlan Boiston
    Keymaster

It does seem to be a reoccurring theme these days and all a bit repetitive. A games company gets a success, then everyone attempts to copy that formula a safe bet, rather than creating something original. In the end, its all more dark death and destruction, trying to get a few headlines and ultimately, taking sales off of each other.

Kevin DooleyKevin Dooley
    Keymaster

Battle Royale is a good example of gaming trends.

Alan BoistonAlan Boiston
    Keymaster

Yet it’s nothing new, but it shows how the wider population are controlled by marketing. Literally being told what to like and what not to like if you want to be up on the playground chat with your friends.

Ninja-BadgerNinja-Badger
    Participant

I think the same can be said for a lot of media. Books, TV, Movies.

Something has to be wrong in the world for the hero to overcome.
    The larger stakes, the greater the obstacle, the bigger the drama, the more engaging it is. At least in theory.

Kevin DooleyKevin Dooley
    Keymaster

And who doesn’t love being a hero? I have to admit of all the non-racing series I enjoy they usually follow a dark theme 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.