F1 Esports Thread - Team VVV
Home » Topics » Esports » F1 Esports Thread
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Alan BoistonAlan Boiston
    Keymaster

F1 Esports has kicked off for 2018. I’ll be adding various information and links to this OP, suffice to say it was an exciting start to the season and I look forward to seeing how it evolves. Did you watch the races on Facebook or Sky Sports F1? What did you think? Is there anything you would like to see, let us know your thoughts below.

The drivers prepare for the race.

Presenters included an active driver (Pierre Gasly), an upcoming driver (Lando Norris) and an ex driver (Jolyon Palmer).

The race is underway.

Yannis Greekman
    Participant

i watched yesterday the races… was amazing and look like players are fair. Organization also looks perfect

EarlEarl
    Participant

I love the idea and I really enjoy watching racing games as an eSport. Unfortunately I didn’t get to see the event, because it was on Facebook. Apparently it was broadcast on TV in the UK, but I don’t live in the UK!

They need to think a bit more internationally (Facebook is quickly evaporating in non-English speaking parts of the world).

Wouldn’t it be a good idea to rebroadcast the stream on F1.com? At least then we know there is a centralised place you can go, regardless of where you are from.

Alan BoistonAlan Boiston
    Keymaster

I love the idea and I really enjoy watching racing games as an eSport. Unfortunately I didn’t get to see the event, because it was on Facebook. Apparently it was broadcast on TV in the UK, but I don’t live in the UK!
    They need to think a bit more internationally (Facebook is quickly evaporating in non-English speaking parts of the world).
    Wouldn’t it be a good idea to rebroadcast the stream on F1.com? At least then we know there is a centralised place you can go, regardless of where you are from.

This is a comment echoed on Twitter today, lots of people mentioning a similar barrier to seeing the races. Also just as many people complaining that F1 Esports should have its own page and website rather than being mixed with the motorsport. This will be a contentious issue as Esports expand.

Tim GoodchildTim Goodchild

What I don’t understand is why this event wasn’t piped through their F1TV app – even for those that can’t get the full TV rights package. Lots to learn from here for the organisers – Facebook has never been a go to platform for live video for me. Maybe they didn’t want people to realise it’s more exciting than the actual sport! ?

Alan BoistonAlan Boiston
    Keymaster
    EarlEarl
    Participant

I got to watch the Gran Turismo finals live and the crowd was electric the whole way through, that was a really fun atmosphere. I’m so happy both F1 and GT are off to a good start, it seems!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.