F1 2018 Conspiracy Theories Thread - Team VVV
Home » Topics » Motorsport » F1 2018 Conspiracy Theories Thread
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Alan BoistonAlan Boiston
    Keymaster

There’s always lots going on in F1 and though we’re nearing the end of the 2018 season I’m curious as to the conspiracy theories out there for F1. So from the US GP I’ll list a couple to get started and you can let me know yours from the season. I’ll continue to update this post with the best theories and create a new thread for next season.

Please don’t take this too seriously its all a bit of fun.

US GP
    Daniel Ricciardo breaks down = Redbull hit the off switch, can’t have the driver leaving them doing better than the one that is staying.

Lewis can’t overtake a Renault = Does anyone really believe this?

Ninja-BadgerNinja-Badger
    Participant

I tend to stay away from the conspiracy theories.
    But I am morbidly curious as to what’s knocking around…

Alan BoistonAlan Boiston
    Keymaster

Redbull is a team that just keeps on giving, with Daniel Ricciardo getting pole, that wan’t the plan. The expectation was that Daniel’s engine would fail and so it did.

Mexico GP

Daniel with unexplained poor start. = Some settings changes to give Max the advantage?
    Daniel closing on Max, engines turns off. = Can’t have a No:2 driver leaving after contesting their star man.

TravisTravis
    Participant

Sums up F1 – way too much politics and the offtrack stuff is more exciting than the on track racing.

Alan BoistonAlan Boiston
    Keymaster

ums up F1 – way too much politics and the offtrack stuff is more exciting than the on track racing.

That’s what adds to the excitement and drama, i’s more than just the track action.

Ninja-BadgerNinja-Badger
    Participant

Its part of every sport.

Once the race, or match, or event, is finished where do you look? Just look at the empty venue until the next one?
    The attention moves to what’s happening behind the scenes.

I barely watch football. But I constantly hear about José Mourinho. And don’t get people started on why a world cup is being moved to a different time of year.

It just so happens motorsports are more acute to it due to how it continually shifts over time and how its competitors have more say/impact (in terms of engineering, business, and competition).

Tim GoodchildTim Goodchild

Its a good thing then that RedBull have the Torpedo back in 2019 to ensure that any ex-RedBull driver doesn’t succeed. Expect to see Vettel and Ricciardo have races ruined by instruction from RedBull to take them out. ;o)

TravisTravis
    Participant

ums up F1 – way too much politics and the offtrack stuff is more exciting than the on track racing.

That’s what adds to the excitement and drama, i’s more than just the track action.

I prefer MotoGP as the on-track drama usually lives up to the hype with the offtrack crapola.

To each their own though!

Alan BoistonAlan Boiston
    Keymaster

We had a couple f good one this weekend.

The FIA calling in Vettel to the weigh bridge in the middle of qualifying before he had set a time and potentially influencing the entire qualifying session. Then blaming Vettel for damaging the weigh bridge, all a bit petty.

Of course there are a few floating round about Ocon, but in reality, Max was the source of his own demise. Though you could arguge that the FIA invented rules to put against Ocon.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.