Bohemian Rhapsody was brilliant! - Team VVV
Home » Topics » Off Topic » Bohemian Rhapsody was brilliant!
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Alan BoistonAlan Boiston
    Keymaster

Queen are without doubt one of the most influential bands of all time, Freddie Mercury was a magical talent and the band brought out the very best in him and each other. I was privileged to pop along to a preview event earlier this week and be joined by the cast for an extended q&a following the screening.

The film takes you through the creation of the band and their rise to success culminating in the incredible Live Aid performance from 1985. I remembered watching this on TV, this set was so memorable it felt strange watching it in the movie, like watching it for the first time it unlocked memories of being in front of the TV with the family and enjoying this moment of musical nirvana.

Essentially this is a journey of Queen, not just of Freddie, but unlocked many aspects of Freddie’s private live and perhaps alters the perception of many who never really understood him but saw what they wanted to see. Suffice to say this isn’t a review but I Ioved the journey and the appreciation for Queen and their music.

TravisTravis
    Participant

Looking forward to seeing this at some point.

Alan BoistonAlan Boiston
    Keymaster

Good news is that the reception of the public has been super positive, which yet again shows how out of touch and incompetent many movie and entertainments journalists are following their trashy reviews.

Kevin DooleyKevin Dooley
    Keymaster

This is definitely on my must watch list, quite a big Queen fan here.

TravisTravis
    Participant

Good news is that the reception of the public has been super positive, which yet again shows how out of touch and incompetent many movie and entertainments journalists are following their trashy reviews.

This happens more than the professionals would like to admit 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.