Asetto Corsa Competizione Early Access on PC starts September 12th - Team VVV
Home » Topics » Racing Gaming » Asetto Corsa Competizione Early Access on PC starts September 12th
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    TravisTravis
    Participant

Hi,

Anyone buying the Early Acccess of ACC?

The EA version drops on the 12th of September, 2018 and only one car the Lambo Huracan GT3 and one track Nurburgring GP will be available at release with the car and track numbers building over time.

I am interested to hear from console players of AC if they are interested in this release too.

EarlEarl
    Participant

I’ll be keeping an eye on this thread, cos I’m very interested to see opinions before I dive into this…

Alan BoistonAlan Boiston
    Keymaster

I’ve been playing it, will make a video at some point so won’t go into too much detail for now. But overall I’m very impressed with the visuals, the physics work well but like all elements they still need work. Having said that, I felt it handled well though I have encountered steering issues, also the in game rotation is not the same as my actual rotation which makes it impossible for me to drive with the standard cockpit cam.

I’m down into the 1:58’s, almost did a low 1:57 but made a mistake on the final chicane, I have a 1:56 in me but sadly not the time to put the sectors together. I noticed Gamermuscle didn’t like the FFB but missed the specifics on what he didn’t like, I guess more consistent resistance matching the feedback from the tyres could be better. Also the wet weather has way too much grip on the rumble strips and white lines, suffice to say it’s still a work in progress.

Kevin DooleyKevin Dooley
    Keymaster

There is an option to alter the “realness” (or whatever they call it) of the rain. I like the fact that there is tons of grip even when rain is on 100% realism in light rain conditions and not a skating rink, visuals are amazing on full. The headlights at night reminded me of Gran Turismo – they just don’t light the track ahead well at all!

Don’t like the way the Huracan behaves when running over curbs, particularly the high-speed right-hander before the left-right chicane. Also going around the 4th gear left-hander can be scary too 🙂

TravisTravis
    Participant

I’ve been playing it, will make a video at some point so won’t go into too much detail for now. But overall I’m very impressed with the visuals, the physics work well but like all elements they still need work.

You still happy with the graphics Alan?

I think ACC is a jaggie mess at 1080P. 4K is doable so long as you have a GTX 2080Ti or a 1080Ti. We have a long way to go with ACC but right now I’m not super impressed with the visuals.

Alan BoistonAlan Boiston
    Keymaster

I’ve been playing it, will make a video at some point so won’t go into too much detail for now. But overall I’m very impressed with the visuals, the physics work well but like all elements they still need work.

You still happy with the graphics Alan?
    I think ACC is a jaggie mess at 1080P. 4K is doable so long as you have a GTX 2080Ti or a 1080Ti. We have a long way to go with ACC but right now I’m not super impressed with the visuals.

I haven’t played it for some time and likely won’t get the chance again this year but I will take a look at it in the months to follow.

TravisTravis
    Participant

The 488 and Hungaroring recently shipped recently along with a hotfix.

Still not happy with the ACC graphics outside of the cockpit; UE4 as a whole has been underwhelming outside of Hellblade and GoW.

Alan BoistonAlan Boiston
    Keymaster

The 488 and Hungaroring recently shipped recently along with a hotfix.
    Still not happy with the ACC graphics outside of the cockpit; UE4 as a whole has been underwhelming outside of Hellblade and GoW.

Yeah I have been following Gamermuscle’s updates,they need to get that 4k quality into the 1080p mode in terms of a cleaner image. Still, it’s in development and I’m sure we’ll see another major graphical polish and optimisation update before its official launch.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.