One of the PlayStation VR's best launch titles is about to get better. A new patch has been released for Battlezone adding support for the upcoming PlayStation 4 Pro console with graphical improvements offering a "offering a crisper, more vibrant experience", including improved dynamic lighting in the cockpit view and reflections.
Furthermore, the patch also adds new changes that improve the balancing of the game along with a few bug fixes. You can find the full changelog below.
BATTLEZONE 1.02 Patch Notes
Added PS4 Pro support
- Increased super-sampling resolution
- Improved dynamic lighting in the Cobra cockpit
- Increased reflective lighting resolution
- Defend and Convoy missions are more balanced
- Difficulty randomisation more even throughout campaign
- Enemy rank scaling more balanced throughout campaign
Bug, performance fixes and other changes
- Improved clarity of particle effects
- Fixed a rare framerate hitch during hangar sequence
- Fixed rare physics issue that caused players to leave game world
- Minor enemy behaviour tweaks
A remake of the Atari original, Battlezone features intense first person tank combat action with stylised retro graphics, a proceedural campaign and four player co-op. The PS4 Pro will be released November 10th.